Bonaire - Buddy's Dive Resort Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah yes ... breakfasts were great. And Magda ... the omelette lady ... was so nice I wanted to adopt her. The birds were a bit aggressive ... but entertaining as long as they were landing on someone else's table ... :D

It was great to meet you BDSC ... hope ya got the pics I sent ya.

Also met Dick, Susan and Kathy Long from DUI. Dick's every bit the character I expected he would be ... really enjoyed meeting them.

Got some pics to post ...

From the Hilma Hooker ...

IMG_1253.jpg

Under the dock at Buddy's ...

IMG_0785.jpg

Saw at least one of these on every night dive ...

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

Was it something I said ???

IMG_1952.jpg

I liked those southern sites too ... this was Vista Blue ...

IMG_1540.jpg

... this was too ...

IMG_0935.jpg

Angel City ... there's a reason they call it that ...

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

... and a few from the house reef ...

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Our Group too just returned from Buddy Dive resort. Blah, Blah, Blah dosn't say enough. The shore diving is really tough on the body. Trying to get in the water can be a real chore. The coral is in really bad condition because of the storm last year, but you can see new growth already. One morning I was awake early and found two security guys on our patio area. What were they doing there? They almost ran away from the area saying they were security. Ya right. I don't think I would ever go back there. There are too many other places to try out. Maybe a live aboard next year in the Grand Cayman area.

I got the pics Bob and they turned out great! Thanks so much! I'm going to make the one of me and my video rig my new screen saver! I know you had a little scratch one part of the housing lens I think it was but it certainly doesn't seem to matter. Your pics really turned out very nice! The course you took was money well spent!

BDSC

Most of the posts on this thread are one extreme or the other. We have stayed at Buddy's both of the times we have been to Bonaire one with a group and one by ourselves so we can't compare it to other resorts on the island. But then again we didn't get robbed, have food poisoning, cold water, construction noise, injury during diving as others have had. We did have to endure the late (2:00 pm) checkin both trips, a snotty pair of DM's 2 yrs ago, a truck that would not idle that we switched the next morning, and a full boat list (you snooze you lose). Although both of our trips were not perfect, we will be back because the diving both boat and shore was good, the room, weather, price, food in town, convenience were all good. If you think the shore entries are bad down on the southern part of the island, you should try the state park sites. if you want to be pampered, try little cayman beach resort although they have a 60 min limit also.

Back
Top Bottom