Bonaire Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
junkyard_dawg

junkyard_dawg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have always used some good hard bottom boots like the SeaSoft Sunrays.

They are currently unavailable.

Any other good recommendations for a good boot for Bonaire?

Looking forward to returning in Oct been a few years.

Aqualung and ScubaPro boots have thick & sturdy soles. It is over kill for boat diving. But if you are dealing with walking and wading on sharp rocks, they are what you want.

+1 on the Aqua Lung boots. I dive with the 5mm Superzips for cold water which work great for the Bonaire iron shore dive entries.

Erik

I like and wear the Fourth Element Amphibians. They have a thick and sturdy sole, as well as an arched removable insert. They might not fit in every fin pocket, so don’t buy them the day before a trip. The Tusa Imprex is also a great boot for Bonaire. It has a lower profile sole, but is perfectly suited for the Bonaire terrain.

Just looked at the Sunrays online and I’m not so sure about the Aqualungs fitting in your fins. Those are some thick soles on those puppies!!! The AL’s will probably slosh around.

You can also use Chuck Taylor Converse All-Stars.....
Love some All-Stars....but not sure about using them for diving. Guess it makes sense, just wonder how well they'd hold up they aren't really made to stay saturated.....although the glue or stitching always fails my "dive boots" after a few years.....Have to investigate this, you've peaked my interest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom