Bonaire Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
junkyard_dawg

junkyard_dawg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have always used some good hard bottom boots like the SeaSoft Sunrays.

They are currently unavailable.

Any other good recommendations for a good boot for Bonaire?

Looking forward to returning in Oct been a few years.

Love some All-Stars....but not sure about using them for diving. Guess it makes sense, just wonder how well they'd hold up they aren't really made to stay saturated.....although the glue or stitching always fails my "dive boots" after a few years.....Have to investigate this, you've peaked my interest.

I used a pair for rock boots with a drysuit a while back. Found using thin bungee for laces with a cord lock was much better than the regular laces

We like these for shore diving, and the price is great:

(well crud, just saw the inventory, or lack thereof....)
Yeah thats the issue I've been running into on my usual go-tos with hard bottom. Can't find the Akona I've used in the past either. Good thing I'm not going until October :)

Just looked at the Sunrays online and I’m not so sure about the Aqualungs fitting in your fins. Those are some thick soles on those puppies!!! The AL’s will probably slosh around.
Yes they have a large bottom but very nice on the rocks....first time I went to Bonaire I had some soft bottom boots and my heels didn't appreciate it.

I plan on taking my fins to the local shop next weekend to make sure

Thanks for the heads up

Love some All-Stars....but not sure about using them for diving. Guess it makes sense, just wonder how well they'd hold up they aren't really made to stay saturated.....although the glue or stitching always fails my "dive boots" after a few years.....Have to investigate this, you've peaked my interest.
I have a pair that Nike sold...neoprene uppers, stainless steel eyelets and drain holes.

Poseidon sells something similar, but with a zipper up the back.

And CT's come in colors.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Marie on the laces. The originals don't hold up and are hard to work with when wet. Parachute cord is a good option too.

Attachments

• 278599-7c10927c3403da4ecc3bc8fdfa9bda5b.jpg
    278599-7c10927c3403da4ecc3bc8fdfa9bda5b.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 66
And CT's come in colors.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Marie on the laces. The originals don't hold up and are hard to work with when wet. Parachute cord is a good option too.
Yeah, when does a Michigan State fan ever agree with a U of M fan?! 🤣😂

Found using thin bungee for laces with a cord lock was much better than the regular laces
Intriguing, did you just shove the "excess" down into the shoe after tightening? Or is it short enough to ignore?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom