Bonaire Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
junkyard_dawg

junkyard_dawg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have always used some good hard bottom boots like the SeaSoft Sunrays.

They are currently unavailable.

Any other good recommendations for a good boot for Bonaire?

Looking forward to returning in Oct been a few years.

Just looked at the Sunrays online and I’m not so sure about the Aqualungs fitting in your fins. Those are some thick soles on those puppies!!! The AL’s will probably slosh around.
I bought Sunrays and tried them in my Deep6 Eddy size L, and the Sunrays are just a bit too large. I like the Eddys, but having to own one pair especially for iron-shore diving (Bonaire) would be too much. I went back to thick-soled thin-upper booties: Bare 3mm HD Tropic Boot

Intriguing, did you just shove the "excess" down into the shoe after tightening? Or is it short enough to ignore?
Just cut a length of bungee that would work. Get cord locks off Amazon. I tied a knot in the end (left it a bit extra long) and then shoved the tail end under the laces. Just like I do with the similar laces I use on regular shoes.

You want 1/8” bungee cord for this. About the size of spaghetti noodles. And you can get colored bungee off Amazon. Paracord Planet is who I buy from on Amazon.

Just cut a length of bungee that would work. Get cord locks off Amazon. I tied a knot in the end (left it a bit extra long) and then shoved the tail end under the laces. Just like I do with the similar laces I use on regular shoes.

You want 1/8” bungee cord for this. About the size of spaghetti noodles. And you can get colored bungee off Amazon. Paracord Planet is who I buy from on Amazon.
Bingo!
20220425_130645.jpg

These are my favorite dive boots, but they are not sturdy enough for rocky beach entries. They are fabulous for everything else...

Back
Top Bottom