bonaire boat dive destinations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Biodiversity_guy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I have 2 weeks in Bonaire coming up in a bit. We will be mainly shorediving, but figured we should do at least a couple of boat dives. Hoping to do a day with Larry's Wild Side, but are there favorite Klein Bonaire dive sites you care to name, or non-shore dive accessible spots on Bonaire proper (Rappel?) that we should target?

thanks in advance!

My wife and I dove 4 reefs on Klien Bonaire last year. They were all very nice. Forest and Bonaventure were my favorites. We also dove Rappel. It is also a very nice reef to dive. For your shore dives, make sure you head to The Invisibles, Red Slave in the South and Andrea I or II and Cliff further North. All very nice reefs. I also highly recommend night dives. The Hilma Hooker or one of the piers. Have fun and enjoy the diving.

I also liked Forest, there's Black Coral there in 70'. Hands Off was a good drift dive. Second dive coming in we dove Jerry's Reef, saw turtles in about 20' of water under the rocks.

I agree with all of the above! Remember to check with your dive shop regarding the pier dives, they have to be guided and the shop has to obtain a permit. Also, another site that used to be accessible by shore, but for quite a few years has not due to private property issues is Small Wall, just north of Capt'n Don's Habitat and Hamlet. Stunning wall, shallow dive, one of my favorites. As far as shore diving, Margate Bay in the south and Ole' Blue in the north....Enjoy! Liz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom