Bomb in Egypt. Is everyone ok?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArthurGerla:
The important thing, I feel, is to remember that these criminals want to cause disruption and despair among their own people, thus driving them into the arms of a fundamentalist dicatorship. We must not allow them to succeed.

I had just booked a last minute trip to Sharm for next wednesday. I'm still going.

Art

I'm off there on Saturday - being a London'er I'm getting used to the bombings. Used to is the wrong term but can't think of a better way of putting it.

I won't let them affect my life if I can help it.

Somebody has decided to ruin my world. City I love and know almost every brick there.....
I woke up today morning and found out the news. Franticly called my friends - thanks God they are all OK.
But more that 70 dead - my deepest condolencec to their families and to Egyptians.
If I get my hands on one of these terrorists - can't guarantee that I wouldn't turn into a murderer....
Mania

Bomb in Sharm el Shek.... right in front of Sinai Divers and the market just near KFC .

god I use to be so close from there...

is everyone ok ?

Hope all of the divers in Sharm and their friends and family are ok .

Another sad day....

Someone called me this morning to tell me about it. I usually avoid the news because it's so depressing.

I have friends in Sharm, it's a beautiful little town. I hope everything is okay.

Why would someone bomb a town like that? :(

-Lawrence

I have merged two threads that were on the same topic
Mania

ArthurGerla:
The important thing, I feel, is to remember that these criminals want to cause disruption and despair among their own people, thus driving them into the arms of a fundamentalist dicatorship. We must not allow them to succeed.

I had just booked a last minute trip to Sharm for next wednesday. I'm still going.

Art
^^^^ What he said...!! ^^^^

The losses have been updated this morning - it was worse: http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050722191409990002&ncid=NWS00010000000001

Blasts Rock Egyptian Resort, Killing at Least 83
By SARAH EL DEEB, AP

SHARM EL-SHEIK, Egypt (July 23) - A rapid series of car bombs and another blast ripped through a luxury hotel and a coffeeshop in the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheik early Saturday, killing at least 83, a hospital official said. Terrified European and Arab tourists fled into the night, and rescue workers said the death toll could still rise.

MacRS4:
I'm off there on Saturday - being a London'er I'm getting used to the bombings. Used to is the wrong term but can't think of a better way of putting it.

I won't let them affect my life if I can help it.

I'm thinking the same myself, there's far too much panic in London at the moment regarding terrorism, we've lived with bombings for years & they've not broken us yet.
The only thing that will stop me going out to Sharm is if the planes aren't there to take me! The only way to fight terrorism is to show that we're not going to be beaten easily & to carry on as normal!
Spoke to my friend at Emperor Divers this morning & they're all OK, lets hope there are no more deaths/bombs.
It's a sad day for Red Sea diving but let's not let these ******ers win, get out there & dive!

phrixus:
I'm thinking the same myself, there's far too much panic in London at the moment regarding terrorism, we've lived with bombings for years & they've not broken us yet.
The only thing that will stop me going out to Sharm is if the planes aren't there to take me! The only way to fight terrorism is to show that we're not going to be beaten easily & to carry on as normal!
Spoke to my friend at Emperor Divers this morning & they're all OK, lets hope there are no more deaths/bombs.
It's a sad day for Red Sea diving but let's not let these ******ers win, get out there & dive!

Does it ever occur to anyone that maybe we shouldn't just go back to normal?
Does anybody really dig deep and think about why people wake up one day (After who knows how long) and decide to blow themselves up.

Answer that...and terrorism will be on its way down.

Back
Top Bottom