Bolt snaps - where to find?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AbyssalPlains

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Alright, this may seem like a silly question, but here it goes: For the life of me, I can't find the right bolt snaps to use with stage bottles. I am looking for genuine marine grade bolt snaps, brass, with a stainless steel spring inside, and a large enough swivel eye to be used with dry gloves (1.5 inches in diameter). Our LDS scene down here is not prepared for anything beyond recreational and not even the boating stores have what I'm looking for. I don't like the Dive Rite bolt snaps, as they are stainless steel, overpriced and prone to rusting and getting stuck. I ordered a set of brass snaps from LP, only to discover they were poorly advertised and turn out to be too small. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Last edited:
Thanks all - I really appreciate everyone's input. I ended up ordering from Tech Diving Limited. Nix Dog Collars has good prices, too, but they only sell in bulk, which is a little impractical for me.

Back
Top Bottom