bolt snap size...spg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If using in cold water w/ drysuit gloves, consider the large clips. The large ring gives you something to grasp at when clipping or unclipping the SPG.

If using in warm water, the regular (medium) size seems to work well.

I went from medium to large clips for my SPG as 90% of my diving is in my drysuit. I have gone back to the medium clips as the large clips annoy me. I have developed a muscle memory for medium clips, so I prefer the medium. Your experience may vary.

According to the DiveRite web page, small is 3 inch, med is 3.75 inch, and large is 4.625 inch.
Next question...here is my spg...
rg2759lg.jpg

Should I remove the boot and attach bolt snap as shown on GUE page here...
pressure140.JPG
or attach it to the small attachment point on the boot. If the ladder, how would you connect it, still with an o-ring?
Thanks all,
jason

bubble blower:
According to the DiveRite web page, small is 3 inch, med is 3.75 inch, and large is 4.625 inch.
Next question...here is my spg...
rg2759lg.jpg

pressure140.JPG
or attach it to the small attachment point on the boot. If the ladder, how would you connect it, still with an o-ring?
Thanks all,
jason

Forget the bolt snap! tuck it under your left side shoulder harness so when you need to see it you can just look down.If you find that it moves on you you can run a rubber band around the harness and put the spg through it when you gear up. That way you can cut out the steps of unclipping and clipping it back in place.( if you clip it to the left hip D ring)

bubble blower:
pressure140.JPG
Thanks all,
jason

Get rid of the boot which serves no purpose and tie the thing off with cave line, not an oring and zip tie, and not at the point pictured. Tie it JUST below the round part of the SPG onto the SPG itself, not the hose. It'll stay put better.

novadiver:
Forget the bolt snap! tuck it under your left side shoulder harness so when you need to see it you can just look down.If you find that it moves on you you can run a rubber band around the harness and put the spg through it when you gear up. That way you can cut out the steps of unclipping and clipping it back in place.( if you clip it to the left hip D ring)

The problem here is that now it is dangling below you, plus if you have stage bottles, it can get confusing which gauge you are looking at.

Hey Soggy, is this where you are talking about?

Soggy:
The problem here is that now it is dangling below you, plus if you have stage bottles, it can get confusing which gauge you are looking at.

I've been doing this for years, and it doesn't hang any lower than the scooter ring. the gauge ends up right next to the harness strap. and my deco is mounted to the first stage of the reg , No prob telling the differance.

Bubble Blower
I think Soggy will say Yes - that's where a DIR bloke did mine.

novadiver:
I've been doing this for years, and it doesn't hang any lower than the scooter ring. the gauge ends up right next to the harness strap. and my deco is mounted to the first stage of the reg , No prob telling the differance.

Fair enough. If it works, it works.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom