bolt snap size...spg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Was wondering what size bolt snap you all are using for clipping off the spg.
Thanks,
jason

The bolt snap size should be based upon what you can operate with the most cumbersome/thickest exposure protection you wear on your hands.

I don't know the exact size, but there's a small, med and large. I use have a small on it now, but I'm going to go with a med as soon as I get off my lazy butt and order one.

Ben

3/16" i think is the medium size, cant stand the smaller or larger ones for SPG or lights or primary hose clip and the like.

I use the second from the smallest on my SPG and long hose.
I used to have the smallest ones, but it was a little hard to use with thick wetsuit gloves or drygloves while not being that smaller than the next size up.

I transferred the smallest ones to my backup lights, for which it's not a problem as I use them a lot less frequently.

With thin gloves or bare hands, I think the smallest boltsnaps should work great.

Try out a couple of different sizes then use which ever one you like the best. There are no steadfast rules here. Your preference.
The ones I like to attach to my regs are the ones that don't beat me about the face.
This not the other forum.

I have a medium sized one (1cm - 3/8 ")? But I have it slung so I don't need to unclip it to read it. If I needed to unclip it every time I'd put a big one on it for my dry gloves.

R..

Maybe my sizing was wrong, it was 3/x" might have been 3/8, might have been 3/16. All i know is that the small ones are about pinkie sized, the medium ones about thumb sized and the large ones are about index and middle finger (together) sized. I go medium still.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom