Bollocks talked about computer algorithms. Aka how to bend an Oceanic VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last time I ate fish and chips was on from a van on the quayside in Stromness with a deco guru.

Some people have a very narrow view of what “on topic” means.
That was one of the best I had ever tasted in UK. Does not open everyday if my memory is right and always a queue + midges. Midges! Need no introduction except horror.

I thought the resetting on Oceanic was 12 hrs originally because I usually set the computer the night before the dive and never bothered to check again. There was NO mentioning on the time frame in the manual. Only made the mistake once or twice, nitrox setting and gauge mode, since then I reset everything in the morning. As for only allowing 2hr before defaulting back to the pre-set value is plain silly.

That was one of the best I had ever tasted in UK. Does not open everyday if my memory is right and always a queue + midges. Midges! Need no introduction except horror.

I thought the resetting on Oceanic was 12 hrs originally because I usually set the computer the night before the dive and never bothered to check again. There was NO mentioning on the time frame in the manual. Only made the mistake once or twice, nitrox setting and gauge mode, since then I reset everything in the morning. As for only allowing 2hr before defaulting back to the pre-set value is plain silly.
It was after midge season, it was also the only food available as the pubs were closed due to drinking inside being outlawed and them having to shut early. It was actually harder to figure out the rules that setting the mix on this computer.

It was after midge season, it was also the only food available as the pubs were closed due to drinking inside being outlawed and them having to shut early. It was actually harder to figure out the rules that setting the mix on this computer.
You were lucky with the midge. And must be quite late in the diving season, Oct? How was the weather then?

You can easily sell the VT3 or use it in gauge mode!

You were lucky with the midge. And must be quite late in the diving season, Oct? How was the weather then?

You can easily sell the VT3 or use it in gauge mode!
Last week of October. The weather was good although it was throwing it down as we loaded the car to leave, gets dark a bit early too. They still run in November.

I will play with the VT3 a bit and see if it is any use as an OC backup.

Back
Top Bottom