BOHOL or MOALBOAL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haven't been to Bohol, but wasn't that impressed with Moalboal compared to other places in the PI

Mike Veitch:
Haven't been to Bohol, but wasn't that impressed with Moalboal compared to other places in the PI

moalbal is ok but compared to the other dive sites its nothing great.

bvanstek:
What is your suggestion/favorite?
I cannot make a choice, please help me!!
Just do a dive safari. That way, you hit both places in 4 days. The only thing that attracts me to Moalboal is their unlimited day dive for $50 (2 boat and 2 shore diving).

Bohol is my choice. Much nicer beach and more dive sites to chose from as well as better size and variety of marine life. A day trip to Cabilao Island is worthwhile of you can arrange it and plenty of good sites around Panglao and Balicasag. My overall rating of Panglao area diving is 3 of 5 stars. I also enjoyed renting a motorbike for the day to check out the Chocolate Hills, some nice scenery along the way.

As said before, Moalboal is ok and also quite easy to get to from Cebu. I enjoyed diving Pescador Island a few times and heard the sunken island site is nice so if you have time for both it might be worth checking out for a day or two. I give it 2 of 5 stars. But if you are limited on time Bohol is the better option.

I agree a dive safari might be a good option to consider, especially if it includes Apo Island.

If you only have time for one spot, I would pick Panglao Island (just south of Bohol). However, you can jump around the area fairly easily. Two days in Moalboal, three on Panglao and two on Cabilao makes for a nice one week trip. The shops you dive with should be able to arrange private transport, which makes the logistics much easier. As a general matter, the diving is better from Panglao (esp. on nearby Balicasag Island) and Cabilao than it is on Moalboal, but Pescador Island (off of Moalboal) is one of the nicest dive sites I've seen. Well worth checking out.

imheng:
Compare to which dive site, in phili or abroad? what is your reference dive sites in phili?

tks.....

was referring to sites in the philippines such as Apo Island, Apo reef, Coron and the premier dive site, TUBBATTAHA:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom