Bohol or Davao area, which has the best diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjjj111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be already be staying in the Davao area so it would be easy for me to stay there and scuba dive in Davao but I thought I would like to go to Bohol (since I have never been there before) and go scuba diving and site seeing there in Bohol.

Any opinion on which place to go to? Stay in Davao or go to Bohol?

What places are best to go diving at?

Please give me your opinion..........thanks.

Just curious? What is so great around Balicasag? What are the do not miss dive locations around Balicasag?

Been to Bohol twice and Davao, Lost count how many times but was able to dive twice also. Hands down, its Bohol for Diving. But if you want a nice secluded white beach with world class food, service and accomodations and facilities, head for Pearl Farm Resort-Samal Islands, Davao

I have been by the Pearl Farm Resort a couple of years ago. and dove near there actually. the Pearl Farm Resort is very expencive in my opinion, and i want to see some sites too so i am leaning toward bohol.

Pearl farm is nice, the place is lovely but the food is not at all at international standard neither the service even if it is one of the best resort of the region...
Diving there as nothing to compare with Balicasag and you can find good food in Alona beach, try the French restaurant "l'éléphant bleu"...

Last edited:
Yes i am going to Bohol, i think. to Alona beach. i hear the diving is great there and i have never been to bohol before. plus i can site see while in bohol area.

thanks.

The problem of diving in Davao is lack of divers during weekday. I have to charter my own small banca. Weekend is much better. Enjoyed Big Ligid Island.
Three dive operators all clustered at the entrance to Santa Ana Wharf. Avoid W&W.
Bohol is so much better though.
While in Davo you should try Gen Santos which is only 3hrs away by bus. Tinoto's Wall is very good and so is The Sandbar but do try those outer reefs at Maasim and Chapter.

I'm biased as I work in Bohol!

As well as Alona and Balicasag which is nice but very busy and touristy, also consider Anda or Cabilao which is similar diving but less divers.

Anda, where I am based, is much more off the beaten track but we have wonderful corals and just hundreds of fish (no real fishing industry). Great macro life.

Its very easy to travel between the three, we often have guests stay with us for a week and then transfer them to Cabilao (well to the harbour to pick up a boat transfer) or Pangloa/Alona in our minivan so its possible to do a mini safari very easily.

I think I am headed to Bohol to dive Alona and Balicasag. I here great things about both places and i can go site seeing as well in the main town there. Davao i will not be diving but maybe white water rafting, for the day. I will be at my friends wedding in Davao, but once the wedding is over i will plan to head to Bohol.

Flower Beach resort seems to far away to me.

thanks for the information..........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom