Bohemia Oscura

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back last Sunday from 9 days in Cozumel. I drink Bohemia Clara, and it was hit and miss. They had one 6 pack in Mega, and hit and miss at restaurants. Seems to be the case for both Clara and Obscura.

Just got back last Sunday from 9 days in Cozumel. I drink Bohemia Clara, and it was hit and miss. They had one 6 pack in Mega, and hit and miss at restaurants. Seems to be the case for both Clara and Obscura.
When I was there in April there was plenty of the Clara on the shelves at Mega and Chedraui but the Oscura was nowhere to be found in stores or in restaurants. The only Oscura I had for the whole two weeks was the unrefrigerated display beer at Mescalito's. Good beer is drinkable that way. :D

Seems like it was a temporary shortage because I had no trouble getting Bohemia Oscura during our 2 week trip- just got back last night. For future shortages - Indio and Victoria are 2 great Mexican dark beers, as well. I also like Modelo Negra!

I haven't made it a point to check places but I did notice Soriana on 30th had plety of Bohemia Claro and Oscura a few days ago.

Was there two weeks ago and found it everywhere including Chedrui and I believe Mega.

My go-to beer.
I like Negra Modelo OK, but to my taste it has a bit of a bite. I prefer the smoother Bohemia Oscura.

I like Negra Modelo OK, but to my taste it has a bit of a bite. I prefer the smoother Bohemia Oscura.
I agree. I've been drinking Negra Modelo for something like 30 years. (I think they relabeled it Modelo Negra for consistency with its sister, Modelo Especial.) But when I discovered Bohemia Oscura I realized this style could be done better. Getting somewhat off topic, there are some nice US craft beers in the Mexican Vienna Lager style. We have a local brewery with an offering in this style that I think beats even Oscura. But I digress. When in Cozumel, Oscura!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom