Bohemia Oscura

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Not available anywhere on the island, according to the guy at the seventh place I went looking for it. Not at Mega, Chedraui, the Supermarcado on 65th, or any of the four Six (liquor stores) I went to looking for it. I drank the last one they had at Mescalito’s, and it was the display beer (not cold). I am making do with Negra Modelo. Leon Negra has been gone for a couple of years.

WOW. Whats the deal with that? I'm coming end of May and thats all I drink when I'm there. Is it the same for Clara as well? I stay at the Presidente and they have never ran out of the 20 years I've been going.

Not available anywhere on the island, according to the guy at the seventh place I went looking for it. Not at Mega, Chedraui, the Supermarcado on 65th, or any of the four Six (liquor stores) I went to looking for it. I drank the last one they had at Mescalito’s, and it was the display beer (not cold). I am making do with Negra Modelo. Leon Negra has been gone for a couple of years.
I'm here also, but drinking gin and tonics. Have you tried that?

Sounds like their are no good Vienna lagers available then, which leaves pretty much only the American lager style (which includes light Mexican beers) to be found. Bohemia Clara I find is a very good pilsner (and all-malt) and probably the highest quality example of any beer available commonly in Coz so that sucks if not available. Hoping it's only temporary. I will drink Modelo Negra otherwise.

Cervesaria Punta Sur is good but not available off premises AFAIK.

This is hilarious (not really)as I am down here now and cannot find the Bohemia Pilsner. Tried at least five restaurants and two big grocery stores. Very disappointed.

Sounds like their are no good Vienna lagers available then, which leaves pretty much only the American lager style (which includes light Mexican beers) to be found. Bohemia Clara I find is a very good pilsner (and all-malt) and probably the highest quality example of any beer available commonly in Coz so that sucks if not available. Hoping it's only temporary. I will drink Modelo Negra otherwise.
I saw some Mexican craft brews in Chedraui when I last visited (several years ago, sadly). But they would not be available in restaurants. It's interesting to see in this thread how many Americans love Bohemia Oscura and Negra Modelo. You would think the brewers would produce more Vienna lager style for the tourist market. But I suppose the tourist market is still just a drop in the barrel compared with local tastes.

Yeah,well...unfortunately some of us live in beer deserts without easy access to anything but soda pop beer. I thoroughly enjoy my sojourns into Bohemia Oscura land...:daydream:
Don't get me wrong, I love many things about where I live, but everywhere has downsides. Fortunately I've found dive travel as one of the ways to fill in what's lacking. :):bounce::bounce::bounce::clearmask:

Bummer! That is definitely choice #1, Coming down on Saturday, hope this is the biggest problem I run into all week!

Are they just not getting it at all on the island? The Coral Princess bar had it when I was last there 1 ½ years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom