Bohemia Oscura

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geez, it’s good but it ain’t that good.
I disagree. Good beer doesn't necessarily need to be cold.

When I was in college for the first time back when dinosaurs walked the earth I had a German language instructor who was a native Deutschlander. In a discussion about beer before class one day he said,"You Americans, you drink your beer cold so that you can't taste how crummy it is!" In those days our choice in the bars was pretty much between Budweiser, Schlitz, and Pabst Blue Ribbon, so his comment was spot on.

I disagree. Good beer doesn't necessarily need to be cold.

When I was in college for the first time back when dinosaurs walked the earth I had a German language instructor who was a native Deutschlander. In a discussion about beer before class one day he said,"You Americans, you drink your beer cold so that you can't taste how crummy it is!" In those days our choice in the bars was pretty much between Budweiser, Schlitz, and Pabst Blue Ribbon, so his comment was spot on.
As an avid beer drinker, I tend to agree with your assessment. I will, on occasion, have a room temperature stout or porter as the flavor will come thru stronger. This is generally in the heart of a cold, Great Lakes winter. Same thing with good cheese. But, you said “warm”, and a “warm” beer in a warm climate does not at all sound good to me. But if you like it…..

Ran into the same issue in March. Only the Bohemia pilsner was available. Here in CO, it's usually the other way around with the oscura being fairly easy to find but no pilsner.

Ran into the same issue in March. Only the Bohemia pilsner was available. Here in CO, it's usually the other way around with the oscura being fairly easy to find but no pilsner.
Here in Atlanta, the pilsner isn't difficult to find, but I've never seen Oscura here. I'd rather drink it than some of the swill that passes for craft beer nowadays. Fruit salads and milkshakes! We are fortunate to have one local brewery that makes a Mexican-style Vienna lager.

As an avid beer drinker, I tend to agree with your assessment. I will, on occasion, have a room temperature stout or porter as the flavor will come thru stronger. This is generally in the heart of a cold, Great Lakes winter. Same thing with good cheese. But, you said “warm”, and a “warm” beer in a warm climate does not at all sound good to me. But if you like it…..
It was "room temperature", but the room was Mescalito's at about 11AM. It was the best beer I had the whole trip. We found Negra Modelo at Chedraui, and we made do with it, but to my taste NM has a bit of a bitter aftertaste that Oscura doesn't.

It's back! Last night at New Especias. I've also had a few at Blue Angel, but they were out yesterday.

Attachments

• 20230701_201456.jpg
    20230701_201456.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 43
Yea I was there end of May first week of June and pretty much everywhere I ordered had it.

Do the OXXO's have any in stock?

Asking for a friend:)
Cant say for sure. There's an OXXO across the street from where I'm staying, but it doesn't have any beer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom