Body Found in Lake Mohave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not my idea of a good dive but I'm sure the family will be very appreciative of your efforts.

Dave

Good job on the way you handled that sort of issue, it would really be hard to not freak out I think, if you'd never experienced it prior, or wasn't expecting it. I hope the poor soul had only been down a short while. I was lucky, when I did US&R years ago, I never found an "old" body, I hope I never do.

What a terrible way to end a dive. It is too bad that they have not been able to identify the body. Someone must be missing him. It sounds as if you and your wife handled the situation correctly. Take the Public Safety Diver up on the invite to just debrief it could help in the long run.

OK, I think the case is closed. I just spoke to the ranger and got the story. Apparently the guy was at the lake on Friday with some friends and decided to go dive off a cliff into the water. His friends thought he wandered off with some other people so they didn't report him missing until Sunday. We were lucky enough to spot him in Saturday morning when we were out there.

shark.byte.usa:
No wonder I couldn't find it in a news search, they got the Lake wrong :confused:

Well...Lake Mohave is part of Lake Mead NRP. That could the issue... :wink:

finluca:
We were lucky enough to spot him in Saturday morning when we were out there.

I don't know if I'd call it lucky...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom