Body found at Shaw's Cove July 4th Weekend.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver K

Reaction score
Anyone have any more information on the body found at Shaw's cove this weekend?

:lam:

A dive buddy of mine dove Shaw's at the time they discovered the body. When he entered he noticed a 'pile of old clothes' at the west end of the beach (against the rock wall). WHen he exited from his dive a number of lifeguards and police were on the beach. The area had been roped off and they strung a tarp up to conceal the body until they could remove it.

No cause of death was given and there hasn't been anything in the paper about it.

I dove Shaw's on 7/5. As I was hanging out at the top of the stairs, a police officer drove up. I asked him if it was a beach-goer or a diver that died. He said that it was a female and it appeared to be a suicide. I haven't seen anything in the paper as of yet.

I spoke to a lifeguard on Monday 7/5 and he stated that it was not a diver but believed to be a homeless person. No mention of death has been made in the local papers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom