Boat to Sabang from Batangas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sonar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys,

I just arrived in Manila and I want to go to Sabang the day after tomorrow. I am staying in Malate and was wondering whats the best way to get to Batangas port. Is that from Manila BLTB or Passay busstation? I will figure it out but if someone knows for sure it be nice to hear.

More important question is till what times the ferries leave. I remember reading something about till 12.00 or 15.00 or something.

So far I am kinda impressed by Manila; it's an insane city. Drove through Angles/ Clark which pretty much looks like hell on earth just like the suburbs of manila. Malate kinda reminds me of Phnom Phen; which is cool

If anybody got the answer or tips it be cool otherwise I will find it out somehow :lotsalove:

here -

SIKAT TRANSFER
You may opt to take a tourist bus and ferry along with other people who are also going to Puerto Galera. The Sikat is a tourist bus with a direct ferry connection from the town of Puerto Galera to/from Manila

• Pick-up point at City State tower Hotel, Mabini St. Cor. Padre Faura, Malate, Manila.

• Tourist bus boarding time at 7:45 am and the bus departs at 8:00 am (Manila-Batangas).

• Ferry boarding time depending on time of arrival at the Batangas Port 10:30 am or 11:30 am.

• Estimated arrival time in Puerto Galera at 11:30 am or 12:30 pm.

Drove through Angles/ Clark which pretty much looks like hell on earth

Some people would call that heaven on earth :wink:

But in this case, you will need to take a Jeepney from PG to Sabang (more time travelling). If you take the JAM bus from Passay station, it drops you ar Batangas pier, where there are ferries that go straight to Sabang. They'll drop you off 20 m from Divedojo. It's the easiest I found, as well as cheapest.

Personally, the earlier you leave the better because Manila trafic is a killer! It turns the 1h30 bus ride to batangas into a 2.5-3h+ bus ride! When I was there I took the first one in the morning (couldn't sleep, I think it was 5 or 6 am). I was at Batangas by 8h00 and the first ferry landed me in Sabang around 9h30 am or 10 (don't remember). But I was so tired at the time (30+h of travelling) that I wasn't tired anymore. Walked up the steps to Divedojo and they asked me if I wanted to go diving. I said yeah, dressed up and we went to Canyons...:D:D:D and that was the start of the great time I had there!!!!:D:D

Please say hi to Ethei, Trendy and Halcyon from Simon!

Have fun!:coffee:

here -

SIKAT TRANSFER
You may opt to take a tourist bus and ferry along with other people who are also going to Puerto Galera. The Sikat is a tourist bus with a direct ferry connection from the town of Puerto Galera to/from Manila

Pick-up point at City State tower Hotel, Mabini St. Cor. Padre Faura, Malate, Manila.

Tourist bus boarding time at 7:45 am and the bus departs at 8:00 am (Manila-Batangas).

Ferry boarding time depending on time of arrival at the Batangas Port 10:30 am or 11:30 am.

Estimated arrival time in Puerto Galera at 11:30 am or 12:30 pm.

Malate and Phnom Phen, two radical concepts! I was in Phnom Phen while UNTAC was there in '92, it made Malate look like Kindergarten.

thx again guys

Codman; I owe you a beer for all the tips!

I directly believe you Tbox

Codman; I owe you a beer for all the tips!

Nah you don't...:coffee: Just make sure to say high to everybody there for me. Ethei, Trendy, Lito, Halcyon, Mel, Henri, Marc, Rona. Basically the whole bunch of them and their friends! I really miss them a lot... Have fun doing your rescue class!

Now back to work...:shakehead::shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom