update on ferry boats from Batangas to Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divenut1959

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It was back in July when I made my trip and to Sabang/Puerto Galera and about this time was the transition to the new ferry boats (no more wooden bancas). for any one who has a more recent update can you answer my questions.?

1. Is there now two boats with regular schedules to Puerto from Batangas?

2. for anyone who has taken a public ferry to Puerto from Batangas and headed over to Sabang by trike/motor bike etc...is the road still a mess with holes all over?

I am planning a trip in March 19 and although it is 5 months away I would like to understand where things are curerntly at..

I have made a number of trips to Sabang so I am well versed on the private boat option but in the interest of saving some cash the public is the best option so my interest

Thanks in advance for your input

It is a MESS.

1. There are ONLY two small vessels, Genesis I and Golden Raptor, serving between Mulle and Batangas. The alternative is through Balatero with Roll Roll or September Turnips. Try to find some pictures about the interior and comment on Genesis I and Raptor!! The Roll roll is a better albeit slower option.

If you have the time then Calapan is the "best" with choices of bigger vessels(Fast Cat, Ocean Jet and Super Cat). The main issue is getting to and from Calapan to Sabang which will add another 2 hrs on the journey if by public transport. However, there might not be any public transport running after 17:00 so plan ahead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom