Boat, Shore, or Both?

What best describes your typical Monterey dive trip? (You may select more than one)

• Charter boat dives

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Shore dives

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • Private (you or friend owns) boat dives

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Charter boat and shore dive same day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Entering my second year of California diving I am trying to get organized to dive more frequently. I drive down to Monterey solo, and it has been more expedient though expensive to arrange dives on charter boats than coordinate with new buddies.

What type of diving are Scubaboarders doing in Monterey?

If I'm there you're always welcome to join me, Jon. I'll be there all weekend, staying the night in Monterey Saturday and don't have a buddy set up yet for Sunday.

Entering my second year of California diving I am trying to get organized to dive more frequently. I drive down to Monterey solo, and it has been more expedient though expensive to arrange dives on charter boats than coordinate with new buddies.

What type of diving are Scubaboarders doing in Monterey?
We do all kinds of diving in Monterey. Sight seeing, photography, hanging out in the shallows watching schools of perch & pipefish swim by. There's always something to do in Monterey and almost always a site you can dive.

Also, for an alternative, you may want to check out the North Coast. Lots of great dive sites, not quite as easy entry as Monterey or Pt Lobos, but access to the last frontier of California diving. My dive club, the North Coast Divers go out once a month to various sites are Sonoma & Mendocino counties.

See ya in da water & best fishes,

Ericson

I'm staying the night in Monterey, what time do you want to dive?

We only have 26 divers in Northern California?

Back
Top Bottom