Boat Projects

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same here, I get to crawl through raw sewage Saturday morning to work on a separated pipeline under the house. Believe me, I'd MUCH rather be helping somebody with a boat or testing my OWN that morning! As for the machine gun on the yak, I have opted for a minigun instead. Much higher firing rate and with the automatic grenade laucher mounted next to it, the only thing I'm worrying about is the torpedoes. (It's rumored the otters bought them from the French so I'm not very worried.) Good fries, useless weapons.

Well, getting it in the water is just one step. It's got a bit of cosmetic work to be done topside yet as well as installation of some key hardware such as radios, GPS, depth finder, rewiring the cabin and installing new lights, installing new carpeting in the cabin on the inside of the hull and on the ceiling, staining wood, reinstalling the head, building tank racks, reinstalling the seats, new wood in the edges of the motor cover, new wood and sealing the front windows, new horn, new spot light, new windshield wiper assembly, and a new hard cover over half of the open deck. But thats all stuff that time and money will allow me to purchase and install.

Immediate is reinstalling the bildge system, exhaust tubing, cleaning the gas tank and lines, intake and exhaust venting system and fans, transmission, drive shaft and prop, and most importantly, motor. Also to be done while thats in progress are the guages, ignition system, and trim tabs. :)

Peice of cake right? I'm looking at about 30-40 hours of work to get her in the water right now and about $1500.

Sounds like you have got your hands on a motor, CBulla?

Sooooooo.. hows this for a real bummer.. I got a good look at my boat tonight where it was sitting on one of the supports (right in the middle of the hull)... its been completely crushed in and is in need of serious repair :(

Needless to say I'm thrilled and the marina will be hearing about it tomorrow AM first thing.

Want some help "talking " to the marina? If I recall previous posts correctly, you've brought up concerns about their storage method with them previously.

Colin,
I'm sorry to hear that the hull is messed up...that really sucks. :frown: Did the Marina place it on the supports themselves? I hope so, that way those dumba##es will have to fix it.

Let me know if you need a hand with anything.......

Wildbill:cop_2:

SF - I'll see what I can do to get things resolved first. The bummer thing is I like the boat.. its a classic antique for cripes sake.. big and fat and comfortable.

WB-Yepper they placed it. I questioned it from the get go, but got told it was alright since that was one of the strongest points. I guess they were wrong.

and read over any paperwork you may have already signed before the "blame game" begins. Document everything. Most marinas are heavily insured, but you may have to prove their negligence in court. Good luck and remember... "he with the biggest stack of papers wins"!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom