Boat Projects

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just learned something intersesting about my boat. I was looking at the hull and how its sitting on the supports outside of the water. Appearently the marina has placed a flat support near the bow but the beam looks like its bowed up. The I've made the marina aware of this several time but they have yet to change the support underneath. I'm hoping that this irresponsible placement didnt break the beam :(

CBulla, looks like a nice little project to keep you off the streets and out of the bars. Does Kris like working on it as well or is it a Do It YOURSELF Project?

Padipro, I could not pull your pics but it sounds nice.

Wildbill:cop_2:

Wildbill:
CBulla, looks like a nice little project to keep you off the streets and out of the bars. Does Kris like working on it as well or is it a Do It YOURSELF Project?

Padipro, I could not pull your pics but it sounds nice.

Wildbill:cop_2:

There must be something wrong with MSN, even I can't pull up the pictures.

Scubafool loves working on it, it was HIS bright idea to get it!

Mrs Scubafool

A few weeks before the Ginnie trip, I bought a used kayak that had stress fractures down both sides of the belly. Since I only paid a hundred bucks for it, it was no big loss if I couldn't repair it. I bought a hot air welder and after a few weeks of work, have finished the repairs today!!!!!! The seats are back in and depending on weather conditions, will test it in shallow water Saturday with minimal weight in the craft. I will actually be TRYING to break the boat to see if it holds. Test to the extreme so you know the limits! I will be using this as a base for a trimaran scuba platform. Now that I know how to hotweld plastics, a river submarine should be NO PROBLEM!!!! :) Columbian river otters... HA!

I am thinking of building a dive kayak this summer. I have found plans for a 17' sea kayak online, & it would be built out of 3/16" plywood & fiberglass. The design is actually for a expidtion/touring kayak, but I am thinking I could modify the design to dive off of.I was thinking of adding two removable outriggers to steady it while climbing in & out, and doing away with the part of the deck that would cover your legs.

I am also planning on adding a front seat on a swivel with an attached machine gun for protection againstthose darned otters!

Keep your fingers crossed gents.. I'll be headed down to my Sea Shanty Saturday morning to give her a good look over - I'll also be looking over the motor again. I've found a 305 230hp Mercruiser that, aside from the heads needing to be reworked, is in good shape. This means its time to wet sand the hull and buff it up and get her ready for some bottom paint. Any of ya'll in the vicinity who want to play, let me know. The more paws with sanders and buffers the sooner she's ready to float.. course, thats only external cosmetic - the real fun comes once I have her floating and running.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom