Boat entries with a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I buy a drysuit, I imagine my LDS provides a little pool training. Is that generally adequate or should I sign up for the drysuit specialty course?

Richard

I bought the suit used so I had to sign up for a course. Most places that I have talked to said they would throw one in if I would have bought the suit from them. Sounds like a little negotiation will get you a free course.

If I buy a drysuit, I imagine my LDS provides a little pool training. Is that generally adequate or should I sign up for the drysuit specialty course?

Richard

I bought the suit used so I had to sign up for a course. Most places that I have talked to said they would throw one in if I would have bought the suit from them. Sounds like a little negotiation will get you a free course.

As string noted, they are not complicated, and given some and a competent resource (all the guys I dive with wear wetsuits), I am sure I could have learned without taking the class. The class definitely increased my learning curve and got me the time in confined and open water so that I felt comfortable and reasonably competent before going out on my own. It also helped to learn how to address floaty feet, runaway ascents, and other "issues" inherent with drysuits while in a controlled environment.

Back
Top Bottom