Board tracking problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnixSage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Every now and again I login to the board and shows several form that have new messages (lots of red flags). I click on a form and none of the messages are marked unread and the timestamps are definitely recently enough to e unread. I then drop back to the original master page and ALL forms are blue, even the ones I don't read. Some of the other times I had this happen I couldn't swear I did not hit the "mark all read" option. This time I am sure because I just sat down. Is there some special method? I check in form several computers and rarely logoff. Is the tracking info stored locally or is it on the board so I get where I left off when I check in from another browser. Is the tracking info stored locally I don't think so because it seems to track correctly normally. I am running FireFox 1.0.4 on Fedora Core 3 - Linux In case it matters.

Thanks

Both A and and B. First we check your computer cookies, then we check your last visited timestamp. However, 15 minutes after your login the system wil automatically update your login time to reflect the current time, thus resetting post indicators. If you do not want the indicators reset, try opening new threads in separate windows before the session timeout comes into play.

Tech Admin:
However, 15 minutes after your login the system wil automatically update your login time to reflect the current time, thus resetting post indicators.
Thanks for the pointers, one more question. The 15 min update, the keyed on my login or just every 15 min it runs ie: 00 15 30 45 minutes agter the hour.

Thanks

UnixSage:
Thanks for the pointers, one more question. The 15 min update, the keyed on my login or just every 15 min it runs ie: 00 15 30 45 minutes agter the hour.

15 minutes from your last request to the server. e.g. if you read a full page of threads and it takes more than 15 minutes to get through it, before you click 'next page' you will have been 'logged out'. When you click 'next', it logs you back in.

Now there is one thing I've noticed as an issue, or at least I did at the major software change... there's some series of events that seems to clear your cookies and logs you in again. I'm not sure what it is, but it has to do with going directly to private messages... it's not as simple as that, but there has been times when I've seen what you describe without a 15 minute lapse in server requests.

Spectre:
I'm not sure what it is, but it has to do with going directly to private messages... it's not as simple as that, but there has been times when I've seen what you describe without a 15 minute lapse in server requests.

Hey you probably have the answer.. I had read a OM on that session.. I dont get many so that may be it. Thanks for the explanation it helps much.

Take Care

Spectre:
I'm not sure what it is, but it has to do with going directly to private messages... it's not as simple as that, but there has been times when I've seen what you describe without a 15 minute lapse in server requests.

Hey you probably have the answer.. I had read a new PM on that session.. I dont get many so that may be it. Thanks for the explanation it helps much.

Take Care

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom