Blunt. Pointy or other

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkipperJohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I know this will be subjective with a good split but I'd like to hear your comments. I just bought a knife that came in 3 models and opted for the pointy. I figured it may be more capable of getting into small spaces to do something important.
Then I figured that maybe pointy is potentially more dangerous in an environment where you are not firmly planted on the ground and wearing a very puncturable rubber suit. Also, are the flat ends honed to be useful as a screwdriver?
What do you guys think?

I went for the chisel - flat- tip. I don't trust myself with a sharp, pointy object on the surface, let alone underwater. If needs be, you can also use the tip to better lever objects (no tip to break) or even as a screwdriver.
For better safety, and one-handed use, I also carry a pair of shears, and small line cutter. Even less chance of self-harm too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom