Blue Water in Pelham, AL this Sat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
I figured you guys would be having the same problem with gas as us. Actually, I figured you'd be in dispose with clean up and on stand-by for the firefighter/rescue diver thing(aren't you part of one or both?). Darcy invited me along with her and you guys, the gas situation is the only thing making me question whether or not to go.

Nice to know you made it out of the hurricane, I hope you don't have much damage in your area.

Have you heard how the gas problem is around Pelham or points in between? Yes I am a firefighter/rescue diver here and we have been busy as we want to be. Our shift was on duty during the storm and we ran as many calls during that 24 hour shift as we normally do in a month. Our regional response team is suspose to be deployed along the coast sometime next week once some of the fuel problems are solved. I'll keep posting or PM you about this weekend. I am going to try to call over to Blue Water and see if they were affected by the storms before we all go over there.

I was lucky at my house only had a few shingles blown off and a little water leaking in, but not like some of the others here.

Read your thread, called my buddy in Tuscaloosa. He went up there this morning from here. Gas prices $2.79-2.99 a gallon for reg, a few places out, but mostly normal. He didn't have to wait in line to get gas. This is about an hour West of Pelham. Pelham is closer to the Interstate though, isn't it? Might be a different story there...

SuPrBuGmAn:
Read your thread, called my buddy in Tuscaloosa. He went up there this morning from here. Gas prices $2.79-2.99 a gallon for reg, a few places out, but mostly normal. He didn't have to wait in line to get gas. This is about an hour West of Pelham. Pelham is closer to the Interstate though, isn't it? Might be a different story there...

Yes Pelham is closer to the interstate. Gas prices here are $3.09 a gallon for reg and people are buying in as fast as they can get it. Lines for gas are atleast one hour or longer. Hopefully it will get better here in a day or two.

I'm hoping for the same, we have some stations with gas that can't pump due to power issues. The power companies are working fast, so hopefully, that should alleviate some of the strain in these parts. The people at ABWA will probably be able to help with that question more than anyone else really...

I sure would like to dive this weekend though :)

I just drove up to atlanta 30 min ago. I do not recall seeing a gas station out of gas. The prices were $2.89 - $3.29. I am going to take I-20 to Birmingham tomorrow so hopefully there will be gas along that road. I think that people are just in a panic. I seriously doubt the entire southeast is going to run dry.

SuPrBuGmAn:
I'm hoping for the same, we have some stations with gas that can't pump due to power issues. The power companies are working fast, so hopefully, that should alleviate some of the strain in these parts. The people at ABWA will probably be able to help with that question more than anyone else really...

I sure would like to dive this weekend though :)

I'll keep you posted.

av8er23:
I just drove up to atlanta 30 min ago. I do not recall seeing a gas station out of gas. The prices were $2.89 - $3.29. I am going to take I-20 to Birmingham tomorrow so hopefully there will be gas along that road. I think that people are just in a panic. I seriously doubt the entire southeast is going to run dry.

The biggest problem where I live is that I'm on the route that everyone from LA/MS are taking to get back home. Probably the same can be said for NUTTZ, I dont' think its a panic, its just we're in the general area of very high traffic at the moment. Half our stations don't have power, so thats just compounding the problem.

rsanders

During my travel from Atlanta to Birmingham on I-20 today I only stopped at one exit and there was gas avialable. I have not seen one station in Birmingham that is out. I just purchased some at the wal-mart supercenter for $2.87 The price dropped .10 while I was shopping in wal-mart. I do not think you will have a problem getting here tomorrow. I dropped by bluewater and it looked quite inviting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom