Blue Springs conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably 11:30 at the earliest. The far one was in the best shape when I was there late last year, but that's not saying much considering there were no docks. At that time we could not get down to the central beach because the vehicle would sink into the mud on the road.

Well Jim, you missed two good dives. You were right about the viz. At least this time we could see the platform from the surface. I doubt that it will stay this way but it would be nice.
I went in to DS to use up my fill card and Jimmy was saying that he has had someone out cleaning off the platforms and such in the shallow end. Who ever it was said there was 3" of silt on everything in the shallows. I would hate to see an OW class in there.

These pics didn't turn out as well as I hoped, but they demonstrate that there is at least an inch of silt on everything. These were taken on the big boat. I too was impressed with how good the visibility was. If divers started kicking up the silt, it would probably degrade quickly. We didn't make it to the shallow end to check conditions there.

Attachments

• IMG_0849.JPG
    IMG_0849.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 41
It seems that the winter was good for the vis. Last fall the vis was only 2-3 foot max with the best along the wall.

Now if I can just find a little time.

Dive it while you can. If I were a bettin' man I would say that it will go to hell in a hand basket before too long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom