Blue Ribbon Divers : Lalaguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkbait98

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Everybody.

I just booked my airfare to MNL and am looking for somewhere to stay and dive. I found Blue Ribbon Divers Blue Ribbon Dive Resort Puerto Galera

and was wondering if somebody had any info regarding their accommodations and dive facility. I emailed Atlantis and they are EXTREMELY over my budgest (over 3000 US per person for two weeks OUCH).

Also I am "assuming" there are restaurants near this place?

The person that has been emailing me has been great. Always gets back to me quickly and is willing to answer any question I may have.

Thanks in advance,

Sharkbait

i have not dived with blue ribbon divers but i often walked past there dive shop they look like a well organized operation there was normally 5 or 6 divers heading out 2 or 3 times a day. I do not know about the standard of there accomodation.There are many restaurants in the area.

Thank you for the info. I am now actually almost booked with Frontier Dive. Rick has been prompt in responding and Club Mubahay La Laguna Hotel has a pool.. Any insight to this operation would be greatly appreciated.

Sharkbait

Club Mabuhay is pretty big and is also one of the favourite among HK and Korean divers(package).
Frontier is the opposite and Rick had been around since.......Dived with him when he was still at Asia Divers all those yrs ago. Step Garden and Angelyn are just behind the dive shop.
BTW, Blue Ribbon is one of the latest addition so its rooms should be spanking new. P250.00for all you can eat BBQ!!

yuang wa,
welcome to this board.
do you have any more information?
thank you,

He's referring to a very recent diving fatality that occurred with Blue Ribbon. To date, no information has been released which would illustrate that Blue Ribbon were unsafe or negligent in any way. No inquest has yet been conducted.

The occurrence of a diving fatality often has little bearing on the relative safety standards of the dive operation concerned. Accidents happen sometimes. Where human error is present, it's quite often on behalf of the diver, not the dive operation. Divers have the training and knowledge provided to them to mitigate all major risks.. and ultimately it is their responsibility to apply that training and knowledge to safeguard themselves. That includes buddy checks, equipment checks, dive planning and the decisions made before and during the dive.

Consequently, at this stage, I'd recommend a healthy dose of cynicism until some verified facts about the incident are made public.

If Yuang Wa has any personal knowledge pertaining to the incident, then it should be directed to the respective thread in the A&I forum.

Speculation and blamestorming is not appropriate for any forum on Scubaboard.

devondiver,
was it wrong of me to ask the question?
thank you,

Not at all. Any response/discussion on the nature of the incident should be continued in the A&I (accidents and incidents) forum though - as that area has certain rules that apply a degree of sensitivity to any debates that, by their nature, are highly emotional for the effected parties. Likewise, it aims to steer such debates into productive lessons that other divers can learn from - without starting a witch-hunt or flinging blame around. :)

Back
Top Bottom