Blue light for fluorescence photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will do, likely Monday when I'm actually at the same location as the tripod.

Sorry - got busy and this dropped off the radar. Here are a couple of pics.

Charlie

Mazel_tripod-1.jpgMazel_tripod-2.jpg

Very cool. Can't wait to build one. Very araneae

:D Thanks for increasing my vocabulary. I had to look that up. I set the tripod on the floor after shooting it and my colleague made a similar comment, but using a word I understood.

Gizmo1972, very cool pics. If you have not ordered your filter for your Z240's, you may want to consider having firedivegear drill 2 small holes to match the Inon for easy, secure mounting. I thought about it to late. They can't drill it after the lens has been "cooked".

hi Tamas, did you not just consider using the Sola Nightsea lights? They work pretty well. - Scott

I just got back from a 10 day live-aboard trip (Sun Dancer II) in Belize. I did some fluorescence still photography on one night dive using the Nightsea 4" exciter filter on a S&S YS-110A strobe. It worked very well. Here's a link to some of the photos: 13Belize/IMG_0623

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

[video=youtube;zbuTmvJeNfg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbuTmvJeNfg[/video]

This is a link to my first videos with Blue Light a couple of weeks ago. I used FIREDIVEGEAR.COM for my filters. They made me custom me custom filters. Good quality and cheap price.I was set with filters for my Sola 1200 video lights and my Inon Z240's. However, I found that I never even used the strobes. So much going on when you are starting this that you may want to consider just going Video or stills. I did take some stills using just the Solas and they turned out pretty good. Now if I can just find the disc I put them on.

OMG THIS SO COOL! What where you filming with and your set up if I may ask. I have zero knowledge about this kind of filming/photography.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom