Blue Hole/Perch Info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amascuba:
If you still want to take a class though. There is an instructor in Amarillo that can teach you. He teaches through Amarillo Scuba Center

Also, in Amarillo and recently under new ownership and management is Scuba Training Center. Here is a link to their web site -> http://stcamarillo.info/Home_Page.html

I don't think they are using the Blue Hole or Perch lake for any or many classes though.

Jeff

Thanks to everyone who has given advice, I'll make sure we call ahead to check wether the dive place at BH will be open before we go.

We are doing the course with New Mexico dive center, 25th March, so if any of you are there and see some slightly frightened looking noobs with british accents come and say hi!!

noobascooba:
I had a few other things I was hoping to practice that weekend (general underwater skills, smb deployment, taking photographs) but it sounds like I will have PLENTY to practise with the drysuit alone!

:rofl3: :rofl3:

Talk about task loading! So you were going to dive dry for the first time while taking photo's, and then doing an SMB deployment! Wow, for someone without many dives you are Ambitious!

Do not over task yourself. You need to work on buoyancy first and foremost, both with and without a drysuit. Once that is in place, then add one task at a time.

Deploying an SMB BTW is not as easy as it may seem from the surface!

Make sure if your SMB does not have a pressure relief valve, you don't explode it on the surface. Actually that would be fun to watch! Make sure I'm there! :popcorn:

noobascooba:
Thanks to everyone who has given advice, I'll make sure we call ahead to check wether the dive place at BH will be open before we go.

We are doing the course with New Mexico dive center, 25th March, so if any of you are there and see some slightly frightened looking noobs with british accents come and say hi!!

Interesting!! I'm taking my Instructor course with NMSC and will be out with my first class on that weekend. The 25th is Sunday, are you coming out to BH then??

noobascooba:

They do a good job, I think you will be pleased with the instruction. Kevin (abqdiver on here) works there, and he taught me how to use my drysuit, so I might be alittle biased...
Have fun! I would like to go out that weekend, but I'm not sure if I can dive 3 weekends in a row without my wife killing me :)

ABQdiver:
Interesting!! I'm taking my Instructor course with NMSC and will be out with my first class on that weekend. The 25th is Sunday, are you coming out to BH then??

Hey Kevin,

Congratulations on the move to instructor. Now you will be making the BIG BUCKS! Boy, with everyone I dive with being an instructor and all, I feel EXTRA safe, and a bit behind! :D

I look forward to hearing about the process with an organization other than PADI. See you Sunday.

L8R

Noobascooba,
Sorry you didn't check with Apline Scuba in Fort Collins we have a full staff of folks that would have been glad to do your drysuit training with you. If you look for other training you can't find in WY give us a try 970-484-7049 located at the corner of W.Prospect and S. Shields in FTC.
Never hurts to steal some business from those NM guys..LOL

Ocean One:
Never hurts to steal some business from those NM guys..LOL

Yes, as the NM economy is booming as opposed to the static Denver Area economy! :eyebrow:

So Ocean One, are you out of the shop where Kent is now instructing? Just curious...

RonFrank:
Yes, as the NM economy is booming as opposed to the static Denver Area economy! :eyebrow:

So Ocean One, are you out of the shop where Kent is now instructing? Just curious...

I must say that the Flatirons Scuba shop in Broomfield,CO is on of the most professional looking and run shops that I have ever been into. Almost makes me want to move to CO. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom