Blue Hole Oct 17th~18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey Ron, Reddiver970 is Bill. I talked to him before he went camping and we are on. we'll be staying at Adobe, coming down Friday night and will probably be doing a night dive. on a sad note, I haven't had a chance to make a sculpture, but I still will have all my lift bags.
as far as food is concerned, I'm open to suggestions but I was thinking Cochinita Pibil with the fixin's.
...and beans...

I will post a list in the FIRST post on this thread. See what others have offered up, and just post what you want to bring. I'll update the first thread as needed with FOODSTUFF! :D

We will be a large group, and I know we will be at Perch for at least one dive. We may not be able to all dive together, but we should go for one big group dive at the Hole.

We will plan on Lunch both Sat and Sun at the Hole, so if you bring something like plates/forks/knives/cups plan on two days worth for at least 16 (we always feed our Buddy Stella).

I put a list together with some stuff we need, and will include EnBloc's items. I listed the utensils we may need, but those items are open, so if you want to bring that, post! We likely want a couple of folks to help supply those, as we are a kinda largish group.

Doug & Chris Tackett, plan to arrive Friday for a night dive and will stay until Sat night. We plan on also bringing some goldfish and decorations. Will bring food depending on what you need.

from NM:
robint~Ron & Robin... not sure which days (might be bringing daughter and her new BF)
ABQdiver~Kevin...Sunday only?

from TX:
Grumpyolddiver~Doug & Son

As far as food goes, I will have to make some decisions when hubby gets back from Boulder tomorrow (work). Don't think we will do the pulled pork again but we can always grill a bunch of stuff and bring it over.

Yes, unfortunately I have other things to take care of on Saturday.

Hmmm, pulled pork!! I'll bring whatever you all decide we need for Sunday.

Ron, I have a bunch of plastic utensils, plates and cups that I'll bring

Hmm, I certainly like to fish.. Is this that 6' deep mudhole you pass on the way to the Hole with the diving board where the locals like to swim, or something/somewhere else? I'm betting many of the fish in there came from the Hole as they lost a LOT when they opened the gates to lower the water level for whatever reason.

Hmm, I certainly like to fish.. Is this that 6' deep mudhole you pass on the way to the Hole with the diving board where the locals like to swim, or something/somewhere else? I'm betting many of the fish in there came from the Hole as they lost a LOT when they opened the gates to lower the water level for whatever reason.

I would rather not put fish in the Hole other than carp or goldfish as I don't want people wanting to fish in there! One day we actually saw a guy bring out his fishing gear and start to throw his line in. We stopped him and pointed at the sign, NO FISHING ALLOWED. He then wanted to know why.... uuuhhh, because it is full of scuba divers you F*&$#ing moron! He wasn't happy but left.

The "fishing" lake is right between BH and that ugly swimming pond. It isn't very big and set back from road.

That's the one Robin!
:rofl3: I just think it's hilarious that it's leaking...... :rofl3:

guess that makes me a brat!:mooner:

I think I'm going to do Rock on Saturday and Blue Hole on Sunday. :) ... Maybe a night dive on Saturday at BH? What do I need to bring? :)

Back
Top Bottom