Blue Hole in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OK, I hope all this "closing" of the BH will be over soon enough. As I stated in a previous thread, I have scheduled another training in NM, and I just got the dates. I am going to plan to dive at SantaRosa the weekends before and after my class. This would be the dates of July 15, 16 (Sat,Sun) and 21, 22 (Fri,Sat).

I know this is still a long ways off, but maybe we can plan another ScubaBoard group dive.

I know that I will be there, hope to see some of you there too!

FD

fire_diver:
OK, I hope all this "closing" of the BH will be over soon enough. As I stated in a previous thread, I have scheduled another training in NM, and I just got the dates. I am going to plan to dive at SantaRosa the weekends before and after my class. This would be the dates of July 15, 16 (Sat,Sun) and 21, 22 (Fri,Sat).

I know this is still a long ways off, but maybe we can plan another ScubaBoard group dive.

FD

That would be fun. What training are you doing?

fire_diver:

FD

I'd be happy to meet up at the Hole sometime in the Summer, however July 15-16th??? That's the Invade the Keys ScubaBoard Bash!!!

The ABQGroup dives there every third Sunday in general. Maybe you can hook up with some of them. They are a great bunch of people, and good divers as well.

I'm doing the first two of my decompression procedures check out dives on July 21 at the Blue Hole. I'm sure I'll stay there the entire weekend to dive, so I'm sure I'll see you around and probably others as well. :)

Jasonmh:
That would be fun. What training are you doing?

It's a class on prevention (???) and response to suicide bombings, conducted by the energetic materials research and testing center of NM-tech.

FD

fire_diver:
It's a class on prevention (???) and response to suicide bombings, conducted by the energetic materials research and testing center of NM-tech.

FD

sounds like fun. What exactly is going to happen during the class?

amascuba:
sounds like fun. What exactly is going to happen during the class?

Not sure, but if it's like the other EMRTC classes it involve hands on of commercial, military and improvised explosives. Also will include construction techniques of IEDs, live demonstations of IEDs. Pre and post blast scene investigation. Case studies of past bombings. It's a partner class to the Response to Terrorist Bombings class I took last year.

These classes are a lot of fun, a total blast! :bang:

Plus I get to drive through Santa Rosa on my way there, so a dive trip is included too. :scubadive

FD

Bumping the thread here...

Still plan on diving on the dates listed at the top. Hopefully, I will see a few others there, or at Perch depending on condition. I plan on diving on Sat after and Sun morning the first weekend, then Fri afternoon and Sat morning the following weekend.

Amascuba, you still planning on being there? Any others?

Look for my red Ford F-150 supercrew with Oklahoma firefighter tag on the back and dive flag tag on the front.

FD

I will be there on July 21 for sure for my Decompression Procedures class, but I have to work an open water class on the 22- 23 at Balmorhea so I'll be leaving Saturday morning from Santa Rosa to make the trek to Balmorhea. Hopefully we'll bump into each other and possibly plan on making some dives sometime.

I drive a '91 white ford ranger short/wide bed and Texas tags. It has an SSI dive flag sticker in the bottom driver side rear window.

I'm actually at BH July 8th & 9th working a OW class. The weekend of our "third Sunday" dive session, I'll be in Catalina/San Clemente diving the heck out of the kelp beds!!! :chicken::chicken:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom