Blue Hole Aug 27~29th, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A few of us from CO are planning yet another trip, in an ongoing series of trips, to the world famous Blue Hole!

We will be leaving on Friday Aug 27th, and likely will do a night dive upon our Historical arrival. We shall likely be staying at the Best Western Adobe where all the presidents and CEO's gather.

I am posting this kinda late, but so be it. I know it will be James, Regina, and Myself at a minimum from CO. I am almost positive we shall hook up with Tjack down there as well.

Please respond if you can make it! If we end up with a bunch of folks going, we could plan on food.

Dang..... Looks like I'm going to be there a couple of weeks past when you guys are. A night dive is always fun, hopefully I'll get hooked up with someone also interested in breathing air underwater both Day & Night!

Larry Weatherall

Urk, I think I'm stuck with local daytrips for the foreseeable future.

Be sure to wear a sharp spike on your hood for all those platform jumpers aiming at divers!

Johann, as I do not know you, how do I recognize you?

We will be staying at the Adobe Best Western. TJack drives a YELLOW Nissan XTerra, and we will either be in a black Cherokee (newish), or a silver Subaru Outback.

We often park at the picnic tables (back of the lot) at BH. I will not be there until 6:00pm Friday evening, and maybe not until around 7:00~8:00pm.

Things are a bit up in the air for a couple in our group, and I will know more tomorrow.

It was good diving with Tom, and Johann whom I DO KNOW as it turns out (my bad).

Mini Trip Report ~ Friday night, Tom and I did one dive at BH at dusk. We waited around until just about dark before getting in, and did maybe 40 min. No crawdads, very few fish, and BH looks CLEAN (not a lot of junk). But Venus is still with us (on the bottom).

Saturday ~ Johann was at the swim park Friday Night which is a shame as he missed a good dive, but we did manage to hook up with him Saturday Morning, and now he knows where everything in Santa Rosa is, and will no longer wait for divers to show at the swim Park! :D

Did four dives Saturday, one at Perch Lake, the remainder including a second night dive at BH. Nothing really interesting to report at BH. Perch lake had some of the worst visibility we have seen. Tom tried to lead us from the Plane to the car, and that proved to be a blind dive. It was all we could do just to stay together. Once we hit the wall, and has some sort of reference (maybe 5~10max vis) we did three loops around the lake. I saw more fish than I had ever seen at Perch (mostly Juviniles).

Despite the horrible Vis, I had a great Perch Lake dive. Maybe the green soup and bad vis reminded me of CA! In any event, I seem to like to dive bad vis more as I grow older.. or maybe I am just going insane.

We had Pizza at Josephs (a little known fact they even sell Pizza!) on Sat evening, had a couple beers at the hotel, and went to bed (before 11PM, OMG!). On Sunday we decided not to dive, and did a wildlife refuge outside of Las Vegas instead. Unfortunately this is not the best time to view birds (Oct/Nov is suppose to be very good), but we tried.

And other than 12 hours of driving which was OH SO FUN, that is about it.

I will likely do this all again in a couple of months.....

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom