Blue Hole April 22nd-23rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
DiveDoggie, Dan, Myself, and various other Denver area locals will be decending upon the hole once again. Dan and I are doing Rescue, Kent is doing DM, and some specialities.

I'm not 100% sure of the arrangements but we maybe there on Monday as well. I think Kent wants to do Perch lake. I want to do SantaRosa wall, but I don't think we can work that out on this trip!

So if anyone else is going to be there, while we will be busy doing classes, I don't think Rescue is going to occupy all our time, and we should have some time to do some *fun* dives as well.

L8R

RonFrank:
DiveDoggie, Dan, Myself, and various other Denver area locals will be decending upon the hole once again. Dan and I are doing Rescue, Kent is doing DM, and some specialities.

I'm not 100% sure of the arrangements but we maybe there on Monday as well. I think Kent wants to do Perch lake. I want to do SantaRosa wall, but I don't think we can work that out on this trip!

So if anyone else is going to be there, while we will be busy doing classes, I don't think Rescue is going to occupy all our time, and we should have some time to do some *fun* dives as well.

L8R

Sounds like a plan! Set for Sunday, be there about 8:30am (for sure this time)

I hear you about Santa Rosa Wall! Be nice! Going to have to wait until the end of May for me......

Looks like Perch on Saturday.
Blue Hole on Sunday and Monday morning.
We will also squeeze in a night dive Sat night at BH.

Santa Rosa Wall is exactly 30 days away at the time of this writing!
The countdown timer will be reset after the Blue Hole trip.

Ron, Kent, you guys still on for this weekend?? I'll bring my D200 so you can check it out!! Very Sweet!!!

Our little group will be over on Sunday, hope to see you there!

James, you coming??

ABQdiver:
Ron, Kent, you guys still on for this weekend?? I'll bring my D200 so you can check it out!! Very Sweet!!!

James, you coming??

As far as I know, everyone is there. Dan and I are doing Rescue, so we have a couple dives to do on Sunday morning.. and hardly dives. :D

Kent is doing DM, and while I don't think we are riding together this trip, I have not heard that he will not be there, so I assume he is going (was as of this weekend when we spoke).

So how exactly will you be securing this D200, and what color is your car! :D

I still have not ordered one, but I see they are becoming easier to find. Where did you get yours?

Maybe I'll bring down some lenses (I generally don't bring my DSLR kit to the hole). What do you have? I have shot a couple already, so I've used one, but it's always interesting to play. Got a housing for it... Now THAT would be something to see.

ABQdiver:

James, you coming??

Wow, is the D200 new? Very nice!

I'll see you guys there.

Divedoggie:
Looks like Perch on Saturday.
Blue Hole on Sunday and Monday morning.
We will also squeeze in a night dive Sat night at BH.

Santa Rosa Wall is exactly 30 days away at the time of this writing!
The countdown timer will be reset after the Blue Hole trip.

Bring your drysuit and thermals for perch! It was 48 degrees by the car, and 53 degree at the plane during the first weekend of april. I'm sure it's warmed up some, but probably not that much.

Unfortunately I won't be there. I have to work this weekend. arg...

RonFrank:
As far as I know, everyone is there. Dan and I are doing Rescue, so we have a couple dives to do on Sunday morning.. and hardly dives. :D

Kent is doing DM, and while I don't think we are riding together this trip, I have not heard that he will not be there, so I assume he is going (was as of this weekend when we spoke).
Great, looking forward to it!
So how exactly will you be securing this D200, and what color is your car! :D

I still have not ordered one, but I see they are becoming easier to find. Where did you get yours?

Maybe I'll bring down some lenses (I generally don't bring my DSLR kit to the hole). What do you have? I have shot a couple already, so I've used one, but it's always interesting to play. Got a housing for it... Now THAT would be something to see.

Big lock and bad ***** dog!! LOL :jaws:

I got it at Best Buy. Was in there looking for a cable and on a lark just dropped over at the camera dept. The guys says: "Ya, we just got four in yesterday, I have one left."
Couldn't take it, had to have it!!

As far as lenses, I have the 12-24mm, the 18-200mm and a 55-200mm which has not been on the camera at all......

Don't have a housing. That WOULD be something. That will have to wait for a few more months.

ABQdiver:
As far as lenses, I have the 12-24mm, the 18-200mm and a 55-200mm which has not been on the camera at all......

Don't have a housing. That WOULD be something. That will have to wait for a few more months.

Well I may bring my DLSR anyway! I was thinking you would like to use/try the 12-24mm, but you done already got one!

Is that an 18-200mm VR? The new one? Where did you find THAT assuming it's the VR. I'd definately like to check that thing out. I'll have to bring a spare CF card so I can take home a few D200 shots. That I have not done.

See ya Sunday!

RonFrank:
Well I may bring my DLSR anyway! I was thinking you would like to use/try the 12-24mm, but you done already got one!

Is that an 18-200mm VR? The new one? Where did you find THAT assuming it's the VR. I'd definately like to check that thing out. I'll have to bring a spare CF card so I can take home a few D200 shots. That I have not done.

See ya Sunday!
Yep, that's the one! Pretty awesome lens for most situations. It's minimum focus length is 1.6' which is pretty good, but I still would like a macro lens and am thinking about the 105mm.

You're welcome to shoot what ever you want!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom