Blue Hole April 18 &19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlieo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are planning on a trip to the Blue Hole for the weekend of April 18th. Actually we plan on going April 16th through the 19th. This of course depends upon the weather. It has been know to rain for four or five days straight this time of year. Anyone else interested?

Frank,

I am interested. I can probably do the 16-19 also. I would like to find someone to ride share and/or room share at least some of the nights. I suspect it will be too early to camp (in a tent, not motorhome).

For those planning on this trip I have been watching the weather forecast for Santa Rosa. The forecast is dampening my enthusiasm.

Do you believe in the accuracy of forecasts so far in advance? Even as the founder of the Colorado Pessimist Club, I am having more faith than you!

I am planning to be part of a group diving nearby in Rock Lake Friday-Sunday. We usually stop by the BH on Saturday and Sunday for fills. We occasionally do a dive there, probably on Sunday if we do.

Rick,

I may be interested in this trip, but likely not for four days. I had already talked to Frank about this, but would need to room/ride share. I *could* go with Frank.

Frank, are you doing the Hotel thing, or the camping thing?

We are planning on a trip to the Blue Hole for the weekend of April 18th. Actually we plan on going April 16th through the 19th. This of course depends upon the weather. It has been know to rain for four or five days straight this time of year. Anyone else interested?

Rick,

I may be interested in this trip, but likely not for four days. I had already talked to Frank about this, but would need to room/ride share. I *could* go with Frank.

Frank, are you doing the Hotel thing, or the camping thing?

Ron,

I only put down the 4 days because that is what Frank proposed. I would not go down earlier than others, nor stay longer. I am available to go whenever the rest of the group (which so far seems to be Frank and you) are wanting to go.

We plan to do the camper thing. Looks like the long term forecast is sunny and mild so we're a go. Leaving Thursday morning.

Frank,

What are your dive plans? Do you plan on diving Thursday? Sunday?

Ron, I'm not sure what your preferences are. You said you don't think you want to go for 4 days, but that you could go with Frank. But Frank is going for 4 days. :confused:

I don't have time to get my little pop-up camper mounted to my truck for this trip. I bought it late last year and haven't even got the mounting brackets bolted to the truck, much less checked it out. But think that may be an option later in the year.

Do they have showers (warm/hot) at the campground Frank? Or do you have one in your camper? My little pop-up doesn't have a shower, or water heater, so for 4 days, I'd need some sort of shower. I guess when the new convention center is done, we'll be paying for showers there. :shocked2:

Let me know what you guys are planning, and I'll try to mesh my plans with yours. :popcorn:

Last edited:
Rick, Ron,
The weather forecast is good so Lyn and I are planning on leaving Thursday morning and returning on Sunday. The campground brochure says they have showers and electrical hookups. Our camper has a shower if the campground's is closed. Ron, if you can get to our house you can ride with us and we can meet Rick in Colo Spgs or at the BH.

Ron,

I will likely drop my dog off at my sisters in Highlands Ranch between 8:00 - 8:30 before she goes to work. If you would like to meet somewhere along C-470 we can do that. If you prefer to ride with Frank and can meet him, that is fine too. We can meet in Santa Rosa or somewhere along the way. If you would like to share a room, that is fine. If you are going to stay with Frank & Lyn, just let me know.

Will we be able to get fills from Stella on Friday? I ask only so I know how many cylinders to take. If I take 4 -5 for myself, I'll not likely have room for 4-5 more for Ron, along with the rest of our gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom