Blue Hole April 18 &19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frank,

Do you plan on diving on Thursday, or will it be a travel and camp set-up day? I'm asking because it looks like I'll be driving down alone, and if you don't plan to dive until Friday morning, I may leave very early Friday (around 3:00AM) and meet you at the Hole eliminating the cost of a motel room Thursday night. I'll also likely bring my dog since I'll be alone in the motel room and it looks like it will be nice enough to leave her in the car while underwater. This will save me about 300 miles of driving to drop her off at my sisters. I'm just thinking out loud here.

Rick,
Thursday will be a travel day. We will dive Friday and Saturday. Sunday you and I can dive early before the trip home if you want. Friday and Saturday nights we can bar-b-que or eat out. I call.
I think I have your cell number I'll PM you with mine.

Wish I could go as I am headed to Belize in a couple of weeks, but I also have Nuggets playoff tickets for this weekend. So it looks like its the A1 Scuba pool for me..hopefully next time I can join you..

I may be around more than I thought.

Right now we are planning to go to the BH Saturday afternoon to do some instruction. We haven't figured out exactly how we will work the plan, but we will have some OW students and one AOW student. We may (not sure yet) call on Stella to refill some of our doubles while we do this. (Then again, we may not.)

On Sunday we will in some way complete the OW and AOW classes. If we fill some of the doubles on Saturday, we may do a fun dive during that time as well.

I've got the tanks loaded in the car and most of my gear ready. I have to get some longer stainless bolts to bolt up my doubles, which I'm looking forward to trying out, otherwise I think I've got my gear sorted and reconfigured for dry suit diving.

I've made reservations at BW Adobe Inn for Thurs, Fri and Sat nights.

But, I'm not sure if I've got a bad case of allergies, or I'm catching a cold. If I start feeling worse, I may have to bow out of this trip. I'll make that decision either tomorrow night or Thursday morning.

Frank, I'll call you and let you know either way.

Sorry for the last minute decision, but I have a sick family, and will need to bow out of this trip. I'm not feeling bad, but my son started feeling sick earlier this week, and has missed the past two days of school. Now my wife is not feeling well.

I'm OK so far, but I don't think leaving them for four days right now is a good idea.

Have fun guys, and dive safe! :wink:

I am going to cancel also. I've caught a cold, and don't think I'd enjoy the trip with it. I was able to cancel my hotel reservation online. I'll call Frank tonight if he doesn't respond here to make sure he knows.

It seems maybe this weekend just wasn't meant to work for many of us.

I can't help but notice that this epidemic started the moment I said I would be there.
:D
Everyone get well.

OK, I was there. Since I have never met any of the otjhers, I don't know if anyone else was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom