Blue hole and perch lake this weekend 5-3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigred177

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
me and my buddy are coming over from lubbock to do some diving this weekend. both of us being relatively inexperienced i was wondering if any veteran divers are headed out this weekend we could hang around. also, where is a good dive shop we could rent some regs and wetsuits from?
thanks

I won't be there this weekend unfortunately, but hopefully some other folks will respond. On the wetsuit, you really need to bring one with you (ie - rent locally ahead of time), there really is nowhere to get one in Santa Rosa. Have fun this weekend.

What Jason said, but for everything but tanks and weights! IOW's don't show up in Santa Rosa expecting to dive unless you have a complete setup minus tanks/weights.

Stella has some rental gear, but I think less so now she is in her shack! :D

Santa Rosa has no LDS outside of Stella...

thats amazing since there is so much diving going on out there. the only problem with renting local is that were going from santa rosa to balmorhea and then from there down to austin. we wont be back to lubbock until the 25th and i dont even want to think about how much it would cost to rent gear for an entire month.

thats amazing since there is so much diving going on out there. the only problem with renting local is that were going from santa rosa to balmorhea and then from there down to austin. we wont be back to lubbock until the 25th and i dont even want to think about how much it would cost to rent gear for an entire month.

That would suck. Maybe you could work out a deal with a local shop, or after you are done your diving (I am assuming at Balmorhea), you could ship it back to the shop.
How much of your own gear do you have? Do you only need to rent regs and wetsuits?

i have my bc, mask, fins, and computer. yes, i would only need to rent regs and wetsuits.

im going to call stella in the morning to see if she has anything available for rent. are there any other towns nearby with a shop that would be able to rent some gear? also, other than perch lake and blue hole, where else is there to dive near there?
thank you

AFAIK, perch and Blue hole are it. Last weekend, Blue Hole was as busy and stirred up as can be expected. Perch was horrible. It was 58 degrees min, and about 30ft vis, avg. I would stay away at all costs.:wink:

I posted some pix from multiple photographers on my gallery.

haha i would kill for 30 ft vis. ill take that any day over my 52 degree 8 ft vis diving in travis over spring break.

it sounds like one of you guys needs to open up a full dive shop over there so people like me can come rent my stuff when i get there.

Back
Top Bottom