Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
(sorry out of focus) Athleticshoelacefish
984 I shoefish.jpg

Whats Up? Why is this thread all of a sudden so quiet?

I have been quiet since I haven't been to BHB in a month. Missed the last two rounds of after work/night dives thanks to a lingering cold/sinus thing. Hopefully will get back soon, but for now enjoying everyone else's photos!

I have been quiet since I haven't been to BHB in a month. Missed the last two rounds of after work/night dives thanks to a lingering cold/sinus thing. Hopefully will get back soon, but for now enjoying everyone else's photos!

My wife, and myself to a lesser extent, were fighting off the same affliction.

Ok. finally getting around to posting pics from Saturday's dive. We saw all kinds of critters, some more interesting than others. One of my buddies did the ID'ing for the group.

Shoelacefish getting tied in knots.
"Fish should not walk" fish
Clumpofalgaefish
Obviously your buddy is a master at fish (and non-fish) identification!!

And BTW, fish should not walk! It is just wrong!
:doctor:

I urge all of the regulars to this BHB thread, to visit https://www.facebook.com/bhbmarinewatch and to share this with their friends....I have not met the guy that put this page up yet, but his mission is something I have been thinking about for quite some time now.... While I and the other photographers have been posting images of rare life, that the collectors desire--and then use the intel we provide to find the marine life ( exactly what this thread does!!!) THIS BHB MARINE WATCH FACEBOOK PAGE is showing photos of the collectors walking down the beach with their collecting gear, sometimes showing them with their car and license plates...and sometimes in the action of collecting underwater.

They are the first page that is actually going to help PROTECT THE PARK, from all the Damage done by our popularizing the fantastic marine life of the BHB.

The collectors have been out taking many seahorses and frogfish, over the last months.....each of us is either part of the problem, or part of the solution.

Ignoring the collectors, makes you part of the problem!!!! Go to https://www.facebook.com/bhbmarinewatch and like the page....and start shooting picks of the offenders.
We will get the county and State government to step in, as we show the situation for as bad as it actually is. The County Park Dept already is upset over this collecting !!!

Last edited:
And posting information on social media with the intent that it should be used to harass people who are only doing something you don't like is called bullying. Social media is a powerful tool.

I do not agree with collecting there, but it is perfectly legal under certain circumstances.

It would be nice if the area could be protected from collecting due to the ease of access to multitudes of people enjoying the diversity of critters at BHB.

That being said others are right it is legal for people with a fishing license to collect for their personal tanks, even if the critters will more than likely starve to death in short order.

Do remember that Florida Statute 379.105 makes it a misdemeanor to harass people collecting fish, fishing, etc so make sure to consider how it would affect your life away from the bridge before you initiate contact with collectors.

I obviously like the BHB as much as the next guy, but one must be aware of the rules in our society and live by them or try to get them changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom