Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "fisherman" are not involved in the "take" of Frogfish or Seahorses, or 99.9 percent of the species and volume of life that the resource has become famous for --for divers.

As a user group, I see no problem at all with the recreational fisherman sharing this resource with us...and it was their's first, anyway.

Collectors are a different matter.
As to DD suggesting my suggestions are inherently wrong.....When the founding fathers of the US , drew up the "Declaration of Independance", the Brits would definitely have considered this Wrong and they would attempt to punish this wrong thinking...Much like the collectors :)
However, the People of America believed the British laws were wrong, and that the King was not in touch with the needs of the people.
They DEMANDED change. The result was a new rule of what was right and wrong.

There is no Revolution here at the BHB..but there is incorrect Law...and the masses that dive this resource, will agree that collection should be illegal. When the correct governing bodies become aware of the incorrect laws, I believe they make the changes the majority of divers and marine biologists are asking for--and this will end the collecting.
Thus, we have a real need to PUBLICIZE the wrongfulness of the collecting, to document, and to bring the masses together in this.

images.jpg

But, Dan, you are too busy with your own agenda, yet are intent on trying to get people involved. I've heard this rally cry from you more than once. As much as we love this bridge and the diversity of life, we also are busy with our own lives. Some of us work full time, or are not from the area, or have families and other commitments. Yet you seem to be very well connected to the dive industry and public officials in that area, but aren't willing to go the extra mile to get something started. why?

But, Dan, you are too busy with your own agenda, yet are intent on trying to get people involved. I've heard this rally cry from you more than once. As much as we love this bridge and the diversity of life, we also are busy with our own lives. Some of us work full time, or are not from the area, or have families and other commitments. Yet you seem to be very well connected to the dive industry and public officials in that area, but aren't willing to go the extra mile to get something started. why?
In fact, I am very involved with this....but this does not mean that I don't need more people helping....I am publicizing to the masses with my efforts...I am meeting with many key government officials....and I touch this issue with many others I am working on....We still need someone that specifically works on the process of getting legal protection...there will be someone that is better at this than me...

I'm a person who believes that America is already riddled with too many regulations, many of them misguided, redundant or privy to political, corporate and special interests. Having said that, I would agree with protective rules for a local resource such as the BHB. It hold's considerable value to the community in various manners and if not properly protected, it could eventually degrade into a useless wasteland. Unfortunately, some people, left unchecked these days, will "rape and pillage" what they can today with no consideration for the consequences tomorrow.

Any thoughts on diving the mid afternoon tides this weekend?

Wife and I are thinking about making the trip from the west coast but wanted to get a sense of what to expect with mid day parking on a holiday weekend.

It's the last time we'll be able to get over there for awhile, otherwise we'd skip it.

Get there VERY early to get a parking space.. good luck..

Thanks for the candid response Jenny. I wish it didn't require the "good luck"..... haha

LOL.. It might be the only place to dive this weekend if the winds pick up as somebody predicted.. gaah..

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom