Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jpeg-4895.jpg

Good grief. I've been kind of "sour graping" my failure to come across frogfish, since, other than maybe catching one yawning (or mating - good luck with that for normal humans), there didn't seem to be much that one could do to get a unique shot. So, what kind of glue do you use to get a shrimp to stick to a froggie?

That froggie is so small...I had no idea the shrimp was there....until I looked at the pic on my computer. :D

---------- Post added June 21st, 2014 at 12:50 PM ----------

I find the mantis shrimp to be very shy to my lights.

This guy was out walking around...hunting or looking for a mate or something. Unusual...so I took advantage.

Good grief. I've been kind of "sour graping" my failure to come across frogfish, since, other than maybe catching one yawning (or mating - good luck with that for normal humans), there didn't seem to be much that one could do to get a unique shot. So, what kind of glue do you use to get a shrimp to stick to a froggie?

Kevin- how do you know that's not the lure???:D:D:D

I was following a mantis shrimp in hopes of him becoming accustomed to me for closer shots when BAM another leaps out of a hole and a nice knockdown roll around brawl ensued with the challenger slinking away, may make the behavior reel....:eyebrow:

---------- Post added June 22nd, 2014 at 01:07 PM ----------

Thinking about braving the crowds to take a try this afternoon......
Any reports from today?
John

Some of Kelly's pictures from Monday and Tuesday last week.
John

Attachments

• BHB-201406160423.jpg
    BHB-201406160423.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 60
  • BHB-201406160340.jpg
    BHB-201406160340.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 56
  • BHB-201406160399.jpg
    BHB-201406160399.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 56
  • BHB-201406160381.jpg
    BHB-201406160381.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 57
  • BHB-201406160367.jpg
    BHB-201406160367.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 59
  • BHB-201406160360.jpg
    BHB-201406160360.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 71
The wife and I will be in SO FL and are looking at diving the bridge. Any one doing any diving during the week of the 4th of July.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kevin- how do you know that's not the lure???:D:D:D

I was following a mantis shrimp in hopes of him becoming accustomed to me for closer shots when BAM another leaps out of a hole and a nice knockdown roll around brawl ensued with the challenger slinking away, may make the behavior reel....:eyebrow:

John

What? You remembered where you put the editing software??

I was trying to make sense of the shape of that "lure" when I finally figured out that it was a shrimp. Pretty cool.

Yeah, what the heck is coral cove beach???

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom