Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a character!

Attachments

• BHB-201406220704.jpg
    BHB-201406220704.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 201
Good golly, Ms Molly.

John:D

Attachments

• BHB-201406220886.jpg
    BHB-201406220886.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Don't worry Kevin, these are all from the bridge, not some exotic locale.
Imagine what we'd find if we had brought Tim!

:D:D:D

Last edited:
Ya sure that's not Jiminy Cricket??:wink:

Would appreciate a vis report if anyone get out today.
Planning to come up for the PV night dive tonight.
John

Would appreciate a vis report if anyone get out today.
Planning to come up for the PV night dive tonight.
John

Haven't heard anything this morning (I could not get my stars to align so unfortunately did not make today's dawn dive) but yesterday evening reported viz 15-20ft, 81°. John - if you do go tonight please post a conditions report!
Thanks!
jet

OILT (or "Don't hate me Kevin")

I know I often say that my dives are "OILT" (once-in-a-lifetime) but Monday evening truly was. I saw striated frogfish spawn. It's taken me until today to share: I'm still a little overwhelmed.

female striated frogfish - her body swollen like a water balloon
female striated frogfish - her body swollen like a water balloon (with eggs).jpg

notice the much smaller male lurking behind her
notice the much smaller male lurking behind her.jpg

as I watched the male moved closer to the female, communicating in their froggy way
as I watched the male moved closer to the female, communicating in their froggy way.jpg

7pm the light was starting to go so I played around with f-stops, settling on f3.5
7pm the light was starting to go so I played around with f-stops. Settled on f3.5.jpg

the male got behind the female and started to nudge her along, gently lifting her heavy body into the water column
the male got behind the female and started to nudge her along, gently lifting her heavy body int.jpg

she rose, the male directly underneath pushing her up
she rose, the male directly underneath pushing her up.jpg

in the blink of an eye they twirled and she released her egg raft, which he immediately fertilized
in the blink of an eye they twirled and she released her egg raft, which he immediately fertiliz.jpg

the egg raft floated up & away in the current
the egg raft floated up & away in the current.jpg

female after releasing her eggs - don't you wish we could all lose our pregnancy weight this fast?
female after releasing her eggs - don't you wish we could all lose our pregnancy weight this fas.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom