Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need to start spending more time pre or post BHB dives walking about the parking lot yelling "any trolls here?"

I'm sure many of us see other regular posters here at the Bridge and never know it.

I think my favourite part of today's dive was watching a group of divers who were super excited to see a small stingray. Honestly, the way they were standing on the bottom was sad, but the pure joy and excitement in their eyes makes me think that if they knew better, they would do better, because they clearly loved what they were seeing and would probably want to protect it by having better trim. I always love seeing people get so excited by the stuff at the Bridge.

I really need to start spending more time pre or post BHB dives walking about the parking lot yelling "any trolls here?"

I'm sure many of us see other regular posters here at the Bridge and never know it.

I am sure once people meet you they would avoid you, so I would not recommend that... ;-)

I always love seeing people get so excited by the stuff at the Bridge.

One guy came up to me today and punched me in the arm several times, as he was super excited to show me a batfish.

Also, there were some folks near me after the dive that were super excited to see an eagle ray.

Good stuff!

One guy came up to me today and punched me in the arm several times, as he was super excited to show me a batfish.

Also, there were some folks near me after the dive that were super excited to see an eagle ray.

Good stuff!

That reminded me about the guy who used his sub duck to point out an octopus to me today! I generally ignore them as instructors use them to herd classes around but finally today I wondered if the diver using it might be in distress, so I turned to see one waving me over. My dive buddy told me later "that poor guy, you just kept ignoring him, he was trying to wave you over for a while!"

I think the best part was, after I took a few shots and left, I looked over and it looked like that same guy was trying to take a picture of the octo with his face in the background of the shot. Awesome stuff.

I took my wife to the BHB for her first time this last weekend. It has been a while since she last dived and I wanted her to to do BHB because its shallow and teeming with life. Needless to say she loved it and wants to dive more. The conditions were near perfect. I'm happy about that, 'cause now I got my dive buddy back. We stayed at Jonathan Dickinson SP, which was only 17 miles from BHB. We will do it again real soon. I know what the OP was experiencing, I would ask people if they were bridge trolls and got weird looks in response, oh well.

I know what the OP was experiencing, I would ask people if they were bridge trolls and got weird looks in response, oh well.

Some of them knew full well what you were asking, but; after all, it is a secret society! Others have no clue--these are the ones rejected for membership or never asked to join.

I myself am a 4th degree black(weight)belt trolly type--a proud and happy condition! See you at the secret dive bar tomorrow about 2 hours after high tide..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom