Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parking was very full today (saturday) but the conditions were very nice. I showed 81F for a temp
and viz in the 25 ft range, very diveable. Was just ready to skip the dive and someone pulled out
from one of the last spots from the far east end of the parking area. It was actually kinda nice, had a little
shade and not much of a hike back to the beach area. I had 80F for friday and 81F for saturday.
22 fsw, 94 minutes, 85F...

Conditions

Planning on diving BHB Tuesday, what's the water temperature and viz report this weekend?? OMG, I had to go to page TWO to find the TROLL thread!!!

Thursday it rained, so what would have been decent viz sorta wasn't. Didn't see a whole lot, but spent a lot of time checking out the same area I was in a couple of months ago - unsuccessfully.

Yesterday was one of my best dives ever. Even got a couple of lucky shots with the cameras.

Today was another decent day with at least 30+ feet of viz early on. I've been entering a couple of hours before high tide this trip and am thinking that's the way to go. I'll take good viz and deal with the current - which hasn't been bad at all.

Been wearing 3mm and no hood and would not have gotten chilly except for hanging in the same spots for so long. But, staying still leads to three hour dives and the use of lots of electrons via photo equipment. Who knows when I'll get around to processing many of the shots, though. I'll see if I've got a couple done from Thursday. Oddly, the little gurnard did not fly only in circles. The angelfish was screening his octo buddy in the pipe.

Kevin

Kevin IMG_0106wa.jpgIMG_0113wa.jpgIMG_0145wa.jpgIMG_0182wa.jpgIMG_0221wa.jpgIMG_0228wa.jpgIMG_0236wa.jpgIMG_0267wa.jpgIMG_0276wa.jpg

hey, Kevin didn't know you were in town.. I did a solo yesterday, would have loved to hooked up! Oh well.
this is my find of the day, and of course need an ID..
484284_10150837128688531_306496224_n.jpg

---------- Post added ----------

Finally getting the super macro thing down. No flash, so there is a lot of post editing in photoshop to get the green out. Auto focus wants to focus on everything except what I want it to focus on, so a lot of shots are of the detris nearby not the subject.. super clear..LOL
389739_10150837129653531_1695721831_n.jpg

No mirror this time

"hey, Kevin didn't know you were in town.. I did a solo yesterday, would have loved to hooked up! Oh well.
this is my find of the day, and of course need an ID.."

Afraid I ain't much of a dive buddy. Matter of fact, I seem to get on most folks' nerves topside, too. :D Did you *really* see that shrimp/lobster yesterday?? Why not just jab a stake into my heart?? How many urchins did you have to scan to find that thing?? Did you use a magnifying glass?

Actually, I did have a little luck, myself, yesterday. . .

Kevin

IMG_1848wa3.jpg

awh you got me. I surfed the internet and found an odd photo from some bug over in the phillipenes and thought I would drop it in the BHB thread just to bust chops. :D :D :D :D :D

Fighting/snacking

Convince me that *this* is a case of not-fighting. . . :D

Lots of scary stuff down there yesterday. Going froggie hunting today. Any tips?

Kevin

---------- Post added ----------

Lots of scary stuff down there yesterday.

Reminded me of Hitchcock's "The Birds" when those scary schools of fish kept surrounding me. Never seen starfish about to blow before. And, that great big pipefish looked like a headless snake with his white nose blending in. . .

Kevin
can't decide whether the fish schools come across better "processed" or plain. Maybe I just tend to "over"-process. :depressed:

IMG_2417wa.jpgIMG_1072wa.jpgIMG_1085wa.jpgIMG_1096wa2.jpgIMG_1104wa gonna blow.jpgIMG_1123wa.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2443wa cannibal.jpg
    IMG_2443wa cannibal.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 229
You most certanly are !!

Dove the beach club in LBTS yesterday. Was that your car I saw at Datura Portal?

Slumming, my dear??
yeah.. diving the slums.. LOL

Nice photos Jim.. LOVE the blennies.

I know it will be crazy this weekend because of the holiday, but I will be at the bridge Saturday and Sunday.
We tried to go Sunday but they hard the park closed, the officer said it had been closed since 8:00 because it was full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom