Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be nice for all the weekend divers. I took some visitors up there this morning. Water temp 82. I can't really comment on viz as we got in at sunrise, right at high tide. It didn't take too long for things to turn to milk. Even so managed to squeeze 90 minutes out of it.

Lots of octopi - maybe twice the size of my fist. "Not fighting" :eyebrow: searobins, upside down jellies, and the big northern ray (Mrs Robinson?) is back. All in all a really nice dive and my guests LOVED it, of course. I saw very few moon jellies. Maybe 2-3 at the most.

We shared the site with scubajim (nice to see you!) and one other couple.

octo.jpg ray.jpg

Last edited:
Man this site just seems loaded with marine life. Is it common to see Octopi every trip? Seems like you guys see a lot of them which is my favorite sea creature with Rays & sharks being a close second. You guys take some outstanding photos

Man this site just seems loaded with marine life. Is it common to see Octopi every trip? Seems like you guys see a lot of them which is my favorite sea creature with Rays & sharks being a close second. You guys take some outstanding photos

I see octopi on every dive. I honestly can't remember the last dive when I didn't see at least one. And more often than not I see seahorses. But I can't see nudibranchs to save my life. And frogfish are pretty much right-place-right-time (and I'm usually not in that place). I guess what I'm trying to say is that on every dive you will see something wonderful. It's just that magical.

night dive tonight, hawksbill turtle tattoo tomorrow and dive on Monday morning! Busy weekend:D
Viz has been ok and water warm, 131 dives at the bridge in 14 months..."scuba ogre"???

night dive tonight, hawksbill turtle tattoo tomorrow and dive on Monday morning! Busy weekend:D
Viz has been ok and water warm, 131 dives at the bridge in 14 months..."scuba ogre"???
Wow! When I got my tattoo they told me to stay out of the water for 2 weeks and allow it to heal...

Hawksbill.jpg

This turtle will be diving the bridge Monday morning, so everyone there will be able to truthfully say they saw a hawksbill turtle under the bridge! :mooner:

Hello trolls! Coming out from CA to dive BHB for the first time late September, and wanted to see if anyone was available to potentially buddy up sept 28-30? Experienced @1000 dive diver and photographer.

Also, can anyone give feedback on potentially diving BHB at times OTHER than 1 hour prior to high tide. I plan on diving at that time, but wanted to try and hit it again in the afternoon as high tides as early-mid morning those days. Is it possible to dive any portion of the site and other times? Are conditions less than optimal but is it still diveable?

thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom