Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I popped my blue heron bridge cherry and dove it for my first time on sat night. I must say it was a very interesting night dive, saw a lot of marine life I wouldn't normally see. We had a total of 2hr bottom time but I must say towards the end conditions at the bridge turn bad very fast. The tide brought in the bad vis and the moon jellies which made me make a break for the exit lol but the downtime I did get was awesome I will def be back. Gotta prefect my photography skills here too. Just wanted to share my great experience here! I have images on my blog if anyone is interested check it out::

deepbluu.tumblr.com

so I popped my blue heron bridge cherry and dove it for my first time on sat night. I must say it was a very interesting night dive, saw a lot of marine life I wouldn't normally see. We had a total of 2hr bottom time but I must say towards the end conditions at the bridge turn bad very fast. The tide brought in the bad vis and the moon jellies which made me make a break for the exit lol but the downtime I did get was awesome I will def be back. Gotta prefect my photography skills here too. Just wanted to share my great experience here! I have images on my blog if anyone is interested check it out::

deepbluu.tumblr.com
Glad you enjoyed it. When the tide turns the viz usually goes with it, but for the 100 or so good minutes its well worth the effort!

This morning's dive on the west side was great...water was 86 and viz was around 25-30. Got mixed up and "accidentally" went to sponge garden again. Saw some lovely juvenile queenangel fish this morning and a pike blenny too.
Blue Heron Bridge Arrowcrab.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Hermit Crab.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Jawfish Profile.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Jawfish.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Pike Blenny.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Speckled Eel.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Young Queen.jpg Hawksbill.jpg

And my new ink didn't hurt too much either. :D

Last edited:
Wonderful Friday dive...warm water and best viz in ages! I dove the east side and must say there are lots of great critters there if you look for them. Saw this nice mantis shrimp and lots of blue gobies and upside down jellies.
Blue Heron Bridge east side Mantis Shrimp.jpg

Going to be back on Monday to reconfigure my BP/W for up coming drysuit season. :eyebrow:

Packing my gear to dive the bridge tomorrow. How were the jellies today? They were all over Pompano and Lauderdale.

Packing my gear to dive the bridge tomorrow. How were the jellies today? They were all over Pompano and Lauderdale.

Dove the last four days and they weren't too bad, but still managed to get stung a time or two each dive. Wore a hood after the first day and still got it around the mouth a couple of times. They seem to spend most of their time within a few feet of the surface. Aggravating, but not "horrible". You can see them coming if you pay attention. I often don't. :D One more day before heading back to Savannah.

Kevin

Dove the last four days :D One more day before heading back to Savannah.

Kevin

Why Kevin you little sneaky snake. Been diving the last four days and not a peep! Hope you've seen lots of cool stuff, in spite of the jellies.

Unfortunately my pesky job has gotten in the way of diving this week. But one of "my" marine biologists KP is in town next weekend. We'll be there Friday afternoon and again for Monday's night dive. I'm feeling ever so very seahorsey lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom