Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple reports from today I've seen on facebook:
Yep, I saw those comments on Blue Heron Bridge Dive Club, looking for someone who actually went today. Wife going tomorrow, so we will have a report then! :)

---------- Post added October 13th, 2015 at 04:16 PM ----------

5 ft viz this morning at BHB, 82 degrees--at least it's NOT worse! :wink:

Since we only get down to S FL once or twice a year and were looking forward to squeezing in a visit to BHB, we braved it on Tuesday Oct. 13. Consensus seemed to be that vis was still 5-7 feet. For us infrequent visitors, it was still a good dive. No regrets.

Yep, I saw those comments on Blue Heron Bridge Dive Club, looking for someone who actually went today. Wife going tomorrow, so we will have a report then! :)

---------- Post added October 13th, 2015 at 04:16 PM ----------

5 ft viz this morning at BHB, 82 degrees--at least it's NOT worse! :wink:

Since we only get down to S FL once or twice a year and were looking forward to squeezing in a visit to BHB, we braved it on Tuesday Oct. 13. Consensus seemed to be that vis was still 5-7 feet. For us infrequent visitors, it was still a good dive. No regrets.

I cannot comment on BHB, but the water near shore in Juno Beach and Jupiter looked toward the brown, which I am not used to seeing...

We will likely stay out of the water this weekend... Which means, it will be a perfect dive weekend based on my skills as a prognosticator :)

Sandra heard BHB is back to 15 to 20 today..so she will be diving there tomorrow :)

---------- Post added October 15th, 2015 at 01:39 PM ----------

Sandra was at BHB west side from 9:30am to 1pm today...water temp was 84 degree --she wore 5 mil wetsuit, and was comfortable....the viz was 25 feet but with lots of particulate...but fine for macro.
She had a great time :)

We went yesterday and had good viz on the east side of 15-20 ft and milky. Saw a nice eagle ray and lots more critters. MikeG had his first 2 hour dive at the bridge on his 40thsomething dive. He will be up to 3 hours soon!

3 of us had 82-83 degrees water temp...........

IMG_0023-001.jpgIMG_0032-001.jpg2 pics from my last dive at BHB 2 days ago--what's the white urchin lookin' character? At first I asssumed it was somethin' dead--not so--spines were moving! It was nice for setting white balance anyway. Viz was improved that day and yesterday too I heard, but the bottom and everything else was covered in a blanket of what was going thru the last 2-3 weeks! I realized after a while that I wasn't seeing "any" feather algae.

Interesting. Looks like some spines are nearby. Maybe "mostly dead?"
I think the last time I was up there (gosh, it's been a while!) There seemed to be different species of urchin on the east side, and there were a lot. Now I need to dig through photos...

View attachment 2181342 pics from my last dive at BHB 2 days ago--what's the white urchin lookin' character? At first I asssumed it was somethin' dead--not so--spines were moving! It was nice for setting white balance anyway. Viz was improved that day and yesterday too I heard, but the bottom and everything else was covered in a blanket of what was going thru the last 2-3 weeks! I realized after a while that I wasn't seeing "any" feather algae.

"Dead" Man: I'm not dead.
Dead Collector: What?
Large Man: Nothing.
"Dead" Man: I'm not dead!
Dead Collector: 'Ere, he says he's not dead.
Large Man: Yes he is.
"Dead" Man: I'm not.
Dead Collector: He isn't.
Large Man: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
"Dead" Man: I'm getting better.
Large Man: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
Dead Collector: Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
"Dead" Man: I don't want to go on the cart.
Large Man:' Oh, don't be such a baby.
Dead Collector: I can't take him.
"Dead" Man: I feel fine.
Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, do me a favor.
Dead Collector: I can't.
Large Man: Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? He won't be long.
Dead Collector: I promised I'd be at the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.
Large Man: Well, when's your next round?
Dead Collector: Thursday.
"Dead" Man: I think I'll go for a walk.
Large Man: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do?
"Dead" Man: I feel happy. I feel happy.
[The collecter paces for an idea, then whacks the body with his club, solving the problem]
Large Man: Ah, thank you very much.
Dead Collector: Not at all. See you on Thursday.
Large Man: Right.

:)

sea_horse5.jpg

---------- Post added October 18th, 2015 at 06:06 PM ----------

crab44.jpg

---------- Post added October 18th, 2015 at 06:08 PM ----------

Sea_Slug21.jpg

Vis was about 10' today. Not really that bad. Saw a spotted eagle ray. :)

AND, I got a freaking parking ticket for parking in the "boar trailer" spot...And so did about 15 other people...That first sign is completely misleading! "normal parking to left, boat trailers to right". Go to left and get ticket...SOB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom