Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viz was horrendous couldent see 3 ft got in and right back out , dumped the tank and did a weight check before exiting , down another 4 #s yay

We didnt even get in after hearing how bad it was from the other divers! Least flags I have ever seen during a high tide!

Was there.....yech. Viz was maybe 4 feet in the good spots.and not many good spots...and then dropped to almost zilch. What was cool was the unusually high tide's making it look like the folks on the concrete footings were walking on water....

As a side event the two young fellows geared up with polespears to fish under the bridge were met by FWC at the waterline and discussion (and perhaps some enlightenment) ensued.

I'm getting old, lazy, and maybe a little mean....I was willing to let Darwin have his way in the natural course of events (two dummies, two polespears, zero viz), but better people than I interceded. Kudos to FWC.

Did get to spend the extra time with some new friends just sitting by the car and chatting.

Was there.....yech. Viz was maybe 4 feet in the good spots.and not many good spots...and then dropped to almost zilch. What was cool was the unusually high tide's making it look like the folks on the concrete footings were walking on water....

As a side event the two young fellows geared up with polespears to fish under the bridge were met by FWC at the waterline and discussion (and perhaps some enlightenment) ensued.

I'm getting old, lazy, and maybe a little mean....I was willing to let Darwin have his way in the natural course of events (two dummies, two polespears, zero viz), but better people than I interceded. Kudos to FWC.

Did get to spend the extra time with some new friends just sitting by the car and chatting.
great to meet you . cant wait to do it again soon
Dennis

Low vis high tides seem early this year. Usually not getting reports as this for another few weeks. I recall a particular Halloween dive where vis was inches. Thankfully it clears pretty quickly and by the Thanksgiving Troll dive, vis is OK.

Yeah the tide was the highest I have seen. The people planning on sleeping on the beach under the bridge had to move their stuff, and some of the boat launch docks were under water!

Wow! that is high!

MB:
Guess I'll have to sleep on TOP of the picnic tables...
As if you would show up at the bridge to actually dive without a class, or for pleasure...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom