Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously my attempt to poke a little bit of fun at Allison, was not nearly enough of a "troll." I suppose that as a moderator, I don't have much practice at it, but my point was to reinforce what I said earlier; that Allison is overreacting and that I feel that what your son did was barely classifiable as rude. I think he displayed excellent skills in the video and I'm sure he sees a lot of interesting stuff that people with less skill don't notice.

I threw in the bit about interrogating an eel for info on dwarf frog fish to emphasize my point about how I don't feel light handling of them is likely to be harmful and how others see light handling as almost a form of torture.

At no point did I support harming a human being just for enjoying the ocean near me and instead have commented that I was kicked in the face this last weekend and don't bear any ill will towards the terrible and unaware diver who kicked me in the face.

I personally think Allison stuck her keyboard in her mouth and doubt she'll be assaulting us just like I doubt you'll take s conch shell from the bridge so I don't lose any sleep over it. I'm sure we both do agree 100% that this place is awesome! And BHB as well.

Dan, when is the next project seahorse event??

Obviously my attempt to poke a little bit of fun at Allison, was not nearly enough of a "troll." I suppose that as a moderator, I don't have much practice at it, but my point was to reinforce what I said earlier; that Allison is overreacting and that I feel that what your son did was barely classifiable as rude. I think he displayed excellent skills in the video and I'm sure he sees a lot of interesting stuff that people with less skill don't notice.

I threw in the bit about interrogating an eel for info on dwarf frog fish to emphasize my point about how I don't feel light handling of them is likely to be harmful and how others see light handling as almost a form of torture.

At no point did I support harming a human being just for enjoying the ocean near me and instead have commented that I was kicked in the face this last weekend and don't bear any ill will towards the terrible and unaware diver who kicked me in the face.

I personally think Allison stuck her keyboard in her mouth and doubt she'll be assaulting us just like I doubt you'll take s conch shell from the bridge so I don't lose any sleep over it. I'm sure we both do agree 100% that this place is awesome! And BHB as well.

Dan, when is the next project seahorse event??

Next Project Seahorse will be in the summer.....it will also have the County Park Dept as a major partner with us, opening this up to kids in county camp programs...as well as the local kids at BHB.
We also found a Swim Instructor willing to teach swimming at the BHB...which is major!!!

And now that you mention it, and thinking of the great job DD did with his kid, I would welcome him in to help the Instructors with Florida Freedivers....and his kid as well, to help the new snorkelers to figure out what this underwater sport is all about.

http://www.projectseahorse-bhb.org

Last edited:
Officer Finch, your 1st post indicated you could possibly assault a child. Your latest post proves you are a liar. You did not threaten to poke, you threatened to impale. I believe your statement was:

"Maybe he has to be referring to your son's EXTREMELY rude buzzing of that photographer trying to take a shot. I would have left my pointer impaled in your kid's thigh if he did that to me. So, you not only harass wildlife, you harass photogs. THAT is the family tradition he may be referring to."

You might think stabbing one's thigh is quite harmless, but should you compromise the femoral artery, you might quickly move up to criminal offenses you might not want to consider.

Shame on you. You owe an apology to DD, his son, your fellow LEO's and those who enjoy SB.

Oh for Pete's sake, anyone who would think I would seriously stab a kid is ridiculous. It was never meant as an actual threat of what I would truly do. If you think it was, then maybe you need to reevaluate things a bit. And the person who owes an apology is the one who actually DID perform rudeness. Yet, DD seems to not even consider what his kid did was a rude event.

I was glad to see him finally post a video of an eel going about it's business with less interference. It was much more interesting.

Oh for Pete's sake, anyone who would think I would seriously stab a kid is ridiculous. It was never meant as an actual threat of what I would truly do. If you think it was, then maybe you need to reevaluate things a bit. And the person who owes an apology is the one who actually DID perform rudeness. Yet, DD seems to not even consider what his kid did was a rude event.

I was glad to see him finally post a video of an eel going about it's business with less interference. It was much more interesting.
I think it was pretty obvious to any regulars here, you were just joking and being a little dramatic...for effect...for fun....DD likes to have fun with his contrary type postings here as well, and I imagine his pretending to take this seriously, is giving him a good chuckle....Allison, you are just making it too easy for him :)

I think it was pretty obvious to any regulars here, you were just joking and being a little dramatic...for effect...for fun....DD likes to have fun with his contrary type postings here as well, and I imagine his pretending to take this seriously, is giving him a good chuckle....Allison, you are just making it too easy for him :)

No, he obviously DID take it seriously, as did many here. It was reported as such. It was absolutely NOT meant that way.

It was absolutely NOT meant that way.

The only time I spoke up was when someone mentioned you were an officer - I am a volunteer fireman and as a friend of many police officers in town. I can tell you I was disappointed in your words. Kidding or not - I did not expect to see that in writing - you really need to rethink your career choice or your choice in humor - because from my view - it was offensive on any level.
But I wish you and any officer well - I just think you need to take a deep breath and be careful of your words - in writing they come across in a different way. And many times I wish I had disengaged a thread - so I kind of get it. But we hold civil servants to a high level...

T But we hold civil servants to a high level...

I understand that. We are scrutinized 24/7 unlike almost anyone else. However, we are human. My attempt at "gallows" humor fell flat. I see it and wish things had gone VERY differently.

Most here on SB who know me, know that I am not a nasty person who would really do such a thing. Condemning me and my profession is little help.

I understand that. We are scrutinized 24/7 unlike almost anyone else. However, we are human. My attempt at "gallows" humor fell flat. I see it and wish things had gone VERY differently.

Most here on SB who know me, know that I am not a nasty person who would really do such a thing. Condemning me and my profession is little help.

Q: Who would stab a child because they felt the child was being rude????

A: A person who would make public threats to do so on the internet...

As an employee of the Broward Sheriff's Office I would point out we are allowed to have a opinion, a sense of humor, even sarcasm regardless what high esteem you say we are held in.
While I agree with Tim and others you won't change these people's behavior it is wrong to manhandle sea life and if I see it and bitch, especially teaching your kid to do so that is my right.
Same as it is DD's to do what he does since it is not illegal.
The issue lost here is his video is quite good and doesn't need the petting zoo angle.
Especially if it makes other divers think it is cool.
From a guy who stabbed a short flounder at the bridge and posted it I would expect you are just stirring it again. At least you have converted Dan:)...
Think enough space has been wasted on this and would like to get back to conditions and what folks are seeing.
Will try to post some pics from our last six days of dives there.
John

I don't know you and I did not condemn your profession - reread my words. I condemned your lack of professionalism and choice of words.

I appreciate anyone in uniform that respects the position and behaves in a manner that is respectful to others. I do not appreciate violence in any setting and I am more disappointed in the fact you dont see it - and have yet to apologize for your actions/words. That is what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom