Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and my 2 sons are planning a trip down there. We will be showing up Friday morning the 19th, Doing a dive or 2, then going to set up at the camp ground, get up Saturday and dive most of the day, sleep, then dive a tank or 2 Sunday before we head home. I really hope the weather cooperates and that the vis is good.

How is it looking as of right now?

Take a look at Blue Heron Bridge Dive Club on Facebook, especially the Tips section.

Hi tide on Friday evening is at 5:58 PM, so it will be a night dive to some degree. Force E or Pura Vida may have a night dive permit and have already scheduled one--check with them. Generally, the beach is closed at sundown and reopens at sunrise unless one has permission to be there............But, it's not locked or anything so maybe one could sneak a dive in. Hi tides for Saturday the 20th are 6:43AM and 6:48PM, so again a night dive in the evening. Sunday Hi tide is 7:30 AM, so a good one there. Once again, in general; BHB dives are normally done around the high slack tides in order to find the best viz and manageable tidal current near the east and west bridges. You could do "out front" off the beach most of the time, just be aware you could get a ticket.

December 6, 2014

Another fun night dive w/Force-E!
15980205985_e55ea4c881.jpg 15792825198_43b462960d.jpg 15794200829_36c43c3b57.jpg 15794200879_cd0f9b76ae.jpg
15954444526_1c7547e39e.jpg 15794484267_da80d38d27.jpg

We tried to dive BHB today--temp 73F, viz 3 ft. We saw a Nurse Shark out on the snorkel trail anyway! We made a PADI official dive of around 30 minutes.

I'm glad you're back in the water, jimw! But 73 degrees is cold and 3 feet is kinda awful :depressed::depressed:. I'm sure the water won't warm up until spring but maybe it will clear up? We'll be in the car driving from AZ to our new home in FL on Saturday, December 20. Can't believe our move is really right around the corner. We look forward to diving with you and the diva again soon!

Why harass the animals? You make them more skittish for the rest of us that just want to observe. Not to mention, that's how gloves get banned from dive sites. :facepalm:

sometimes we don't use gloves:

[video=youtube_share;4jZ-7BJ5Q88]http://youtu.be/4jZ-7BJ5Q88?list=UUCqEgLaeW7E51-PfqVSG9Sg[/video]

Jim Abernethy was telling me how when people are curious, they grab things with their hands, and feel them.....and that Sharks are often curious, and not having hands, they make tentative test bites to get a sense about objects they are curious about.....So the bright side....lets be happy that in this incarnation, Dumpster is NOT a shark.....We'd all need a "bigger boat" :)

Jim Abernethy was telling me how when people are curious, they grab things with their hands, and feel them.....and that Sharks are often curious, and not having hands, they make tentative test bites to get a sense about objects they are curious about.....So the bright side....lets be happy that in this incarnation, Dumpster is NOT a shark.....We'd all need a "bigger boat" :)

Toddlers express curiosity by tactile impression, they pick things up and put them in their mouths...

or a good bang stick:wink::nuke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom