Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll have photos, hopefully he'll have his wetsuit on :) 2.5 hrs until I'm outta here, heading to BHB. Tick tock...

---------- Post added May 6th, 2014 at 09:35 AM ----------

Later today Grasshopper!:grouphug: You shall be enlightened!

So you've been holding out on this padawan? Today is abou your though, so lets have an awesome dive. I'm leaving the GoPro at home and coming to just relax and enjoy (though I do have 2 equipment checkouts to do, but shouldn't affect my dive).

Very nice spot. I haven't seen that area. How do you navigate to that spot besides just saying south of the west bridge? How far west and how far south

The "sponge garden" is in the boat channel, you can get excellent video of twin boat props whirling overhead about 5 feet away, worse than possible dismemberment though even if you ditch your flag on the slope or by the bridge there is a very good possibility you will be hassled by the FWC or marine patrol....This of course quadruples on a weekend.

Lovely area I've heard:D

John

Just dove with Scuba parents. Jim's 1000th logged dive.

qabymu5e.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
That's awesome! Congrats Jim! Woot!!!

found my first chromodoris binza today. Oh, it was an excellent day to be diving. Besides it being Jim's 1000th, the water was a sweet blue with vis of 40ft. My computer read 78°

1503248_10152084064088531_5660138969749905855_n.jpg

You think it was only 40ft? Visibility was amazing today, even after the tide changed. We easily saw a dozen octopus, 4 or 5 eels, and many other must see items. I couldn't believe how nice it was. I was noticing things I had never seen before but had swam by a dozen times.

LOL.. and some people question my guesses.. they think I am too generous on the distance!
yeah, I would say 40 ft.

Oh, saw a spotted eagle ray too! nice..

Awesome; What great conditions, location and friends for a 1,000 dive.

I hope I'm as lucky as you are when my 1,000 dive rolls around, jimw.

I’m supposed to dive tonight off of Miami, but the marine forecast is less than ideal. (East winds are projected to increase to around 20 knots.)Thus, I’m toying with the idea ditching those plans and heading north to BHB this afternoon. I usually dive solo, but if anyone from SB is around, I’d be more than happy to say “hi”, and maybe even share in some critter spotting. If all goes ideally, I hope to park near the east end, and will be working out of the back of a white Subaru Forrester. Not a lot of those to be seen around these parts. Safe diving y’all.

Awwwwh drat.. not planning on going up there today. Maybe we can catch up some time later..

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom